“What a great find!”

Dining options: Reservations
An American living in Northwest England
“What a great find!”
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I am not from the Seacoast area, and I went into Fogarty's only because I went to a rughooking shop around the corner, and was hungry. What a happy accident to find this place.
This is a relaxed, friendly family restaurant with great menu choices... I wanted to try lots of the things on the menu, but settled on a fried clam roll and fries. Both were excellent, and I have to say that those were the best french fries I'd had in years. Really good!
If I hadn't eaten so much I would love to have tried some of their desserts, which looked great and are clearly a specialty. the whole place was clean, including bathrooms, and just looked well-run.
Both the hostess who seated me and my waitress were very pleasant and friendly. If I am remotely in the Berwick area, I will definitely use it as a reason to go back to Fogarty's. Wish I lived closer!

• Visited April 2013

South Berwick, Maine
“Can't beat the value and freshness!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

If you are passing through South Berwick, Maine looking for good food at a reasonable price you can't beat Fogarty's. If it's Wednesday and they have their lobster roll special - get it. They will make it exactly like you want it - no mayo, light mayo, no roll but put it on a salad - you name it and they will accommodate you. After your meal make sure you try one of Aunt's pies - you won't be sorry. A great bet all around.

• Visited November 2012
sanford
“Totally shocked”
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Today we tried to reserve the upstairs room at Fogarty's for an 80th birthday party. The manager not only would not allow it, she completely discouraged us from coming at all. Our family grew up around the corner from Fogarty's, back when it was just an ice cream stand. We all have been faithful customers for better than 45 years. I am completely astounded that our business would be turned away in such a rude manner. I will never go there again.

Visited November 2012
4 Thank debbyb
“Would go for the food... Not the service”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

Had horrible service. Waitress never checked back after taking our orders. Had to ask someone else to fill our drinks. Ordered a Fogarty burger. Was very good. Overall I would try somewhere else before coming here again

2 Thank MRyan2012
Maine
“Great Food, Friendly Atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

My friends and I eat here once a month and the food never fails to be excellent. No matter who is serving us, they are friendly and very attentive. Their onion rings are wonderful. And the desserts! If you don't have room...take one to go!

• Visited August 2012