“Wonderful stay”
Review of Kings Hill Inn

Kings Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 South Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Everything you would ever want in a B & B. The food was plentiful and home made. The room was cozy, charming and very clean. The setting was magical overlooking a large meadow with a chapel. The hosts were friendly and accommodating. Bring your appetite for breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah N

Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night at this lovely inn, but we had a really nice time. The innkeepers are kind and helpful. When I arrived, I was greeted with homemade bars and cookies warm from the oven. The VIEW from the balcony is amazing and the property itself is full of history and beauty. Breakfast including homemade blueberry pancakes, homemade coffee cake, sliced fresh fruits....it was all delicious! They even accommodated for breakfast, quite happily, some guests I was meeting who weren't staying at the inn. Instead of having to meet at a restaurant, we simply all had breakfast around the big dining room table. It was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Arrive early enough to watch the sun go down. It is a spectacular view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lilacgirl41
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Our first B&B stay and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was quaintly decorated with many small touches. The view from the deck was breathtaking
and the flower gardens were to die for. The hosts made us feel like a part of the family and gave us a tour and the history of the property. Breakfast was
superb and lunch was easily skipped. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: the deck rooms have a super view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Readytogonow
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at the Kings Hill Inn during a business trip, there are not many hotels in the area and I was hesitant at first about staying at a B&B, but my fears were soon forgotten and I was very warmly welcomed! It was a pleasure staying here and I hope to do so again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Patrick G
Reviewed 15 November 2010

A very quiet and relaxing B&B, reasonably priced. Clean, well decorated room. Bountiful breakfast cooked by owners. Short trip into South Paris Center for shopping and dining.
Owners are very supportive of veterans and returning active duty military.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ralphcramd
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Could not ask for nicer people or a better night's stay - the location is quiet and beautiful. Janice and Glenn are wonderful hosts. Breakfast was great. The inn is charming and the grounds are just beautiful. We chose the location because it was not far from the New Hampshire border and the White Mountains. Make sure you drive up to Lovejoy and check out their property up on the hill...the view is amazing! Wish we could have stayed for more than 1 night!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I had to be in the area for a last minute business meeting and went online to see what I could find in the area. It was the height of foliage color, the big Freyberg Fair was on and my only hope was that I was going to need just one room - on a Thursday - for just one night. I tried a couple of the local hotels in the area and struck out - turned out to be a blessing - but called the Kings HIll Inn and they had just one room and just for one night. I had to drive up through Boston from Southern New England and told them I would be a little late as I expected traffic and I was right. Got there at 10PM and got a bright-eyed enthusiastic welcome from Glenn, the owner-inn keeper. I was beat and declined his offer of a beverage. Went up to my room which was a very generously sized room with king size bed (very comfortable) and a queen sized wrought iron day bed. It was a perfect New England farmhouse bedroom - neat as a pin but real comfortable.

Got up early after a good night's sleep and was welcomed with a cup of hot coffee by Janice and Glen who were in the kitchen getting breakfast started. The dining room has a couple of tables with one being a large 'joiner's table"; plenty of room for everyone. This is nice as you get a chance to meet other guests and hear some great travel stories; this is a nice way to get the day started - at least for me. Breakfast was great - fresh fruit, home made waffles with real maple syrup, fresh eggs and sausage, orange juice, coffee - could not have asked for more! I even had my business friend come up from town and join me which my hosts were happy to accomodate - as a matter of fact they suggested it when I made my reservation.

Could not ask for nicer people or a better night's stay - the location is quiet and beautiful. Try it and you'll enjoy it. The cost is also reasonable which in this economy is good news. I'm just glad that there was no room in the motels and hotels as this inn on King's Hill was just what I needed - expect I will be staying here again the next time I'm in the area - maybe this winter as they are only 30 minutes from Sunday River!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank danshedd

Been to Kings Hill Inn? Share your experiences!