“I loved this place.”
Review of Kings Hill Inn

Kings Hill Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 South Paris B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This place is exactly what I wanted it to be, and the lady who runs it is so friendly and wonderful. She even went out of her way to make me a gluten-free breakfast. I'm so glad I talked my boyfriend into going an hour out of the way to stay here. We were originally looking to stay in Portland, but we couldn't find a room for under $200, so I started looking in surrounding towns and I came across this place and I decided to try this place based on the positive reviews I read here.

If what you see on their website sounds like the type of place you'd like to stay and you don't mind being out of the way I highly recommend it. The property is beautiful and it's really quiet out there. My boyfriend I were planning to leave at nine am, but we stayed until 11 and just walked around in the garden.

We liked it so much we came back the next night. (We were in the Presidential Suite both nights.)

And just a heads up if you book online like we did, give the inn and ring and let them know you booked a room. She takes most of her reservations by phone, and sometimes things get double booked because she's not at her computer most of the day. We didn't have this issue, but I just happened to call because I knew we wouldn't be checking in on time.

If we ever find ourselves near Portland again we'll definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amber L
There are newer reviews for Kings Hill Inn

Reviewed 8 March 2013

My husband and I were in the area for business in March which is not the time of year you would typically think of staying at a B&B but I have to say it was so comforting after a long ride to walk into a warm cozy room with a view of the mountains and a flickering fire in the stove. . The bed was more comfortable than our bed at home( and ours is a sleep number bed, go figure). We had a fantastic breakfast and great conversation with our hosts, Janice & Glen.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dee C
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My wife and I were going to Lewiston Maine for a business conference and were looking to book a hotel, but there were no vacancies. Serendipity took over and we found a great room here - we were very glad the hotels were booked up! Janice and Glen are the very gracious hosts of a wonderful B & B which is the perfect blend of "off the beaten path" and "still close enough to civilization"! It is a beautiful New England setting with lovely gardens, meadows and a small chapel. We stayed there two days and, although we had to leave very early for our conference each day and could not partake in the breakfast, Janice made it a point to have coffee, tea, baked goods, english muffins and cereals ready for us, even that early in the morning. They asked us to come back another time when we didn't have business to attend to, and we certainly plan on doing that. I recommend the Kings Hill Inn for a relaxing experience.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed 11 September 2012

When we arrived Janice & Glen we're so nice to us. They explained the heritage of the King's Inn & explained the mountain views we were seeing of the great state of Maine. My wife & I were celebrating her birthday & 40 years of marriage & it was a great place to go to retroflect on our lives & renew our connection with each other! It is the right place to stay with great restaurants in area.

Room Tip: Try the honeymoon suite!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sturgjms2
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Everything you would ever want in a B & B. The food was plentiful and home made. The room was cozy, charming and very clean. The setting was magical overlooking a large meadow with a chapel. The hosts were friendly and accommodating. Bring your appetite for breakfast!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Deborah N
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night at this lovely inn, but we had a really nice time. The innkeepers are kind and helpful. When I arrived, I was greeted with homemade bars and cookies warm from the oven. The VIEW from the balcony is amazing and the property itself is full of history and beauty. Breakfast including homemade blueberry pancakes, homemade coffee cake, sliced fresh fruits....it was all delicious! They even accommodated for breakfast, quite happily, some guests I was meeting who weren't staying at the inn. Instead of having to meet at a restaurant, we simply all had breakfast around the big dining room table. It was a lovely experience.

Room Tip: Arrive early enough to watch the sun go down. It is a spectacular view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank lilacgirl41
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Our first B&B stay and we were pleasantly surprised. The room was quaintly decorated with many small touches. The view from the deck was breathtaking
and the flower gardens were to die for. The hosts made us feel like a part of the family and gave us a tour and the history of the property. Breakfast was
superb and lunch was easily skipped. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: the deck rooms have a super view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Wolf Cove Inn
Wolf Cove Inn
#1 of 2 in Poland
Holidae House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Kings Hill Inn? Share your experiences!