“Good room and location”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Nice room with micro and mini fridge, Flat screen TV. When I came into room I had two problems. Tv wouldn't work, and I couldn't recline the recliner. Front desk said they would send up someone for TV, and 'Oh, we got rid of all our recliners'. Well, sorry to say, the chair in my room WAS a recliner, just really hard to lean back in. TV needed to be programmed and was done in minutes by a maintenance person. Biggest problem here, VERY annoying wifi. Hotels need to understand some of us need to be on our computer LOTS. And I also want my iPhone and iPad to be continuously connected to wifi, not have to re login each time I pick one of them up. This should and could easily be changed.

Room Tip: I always want top floor, no BIG family above me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We needed a simple place to stay before an early morning flight and this got the job done. The room was clean and comfortable, and they have a nice free breakfast starting a 6am (coffee, fruit and granola bars before 6am). It's a five minute drive from the airport and also five minutes from large mall in case you want some chain-restaurant food or need to shop. I'm generally skeptical about the quality of airport hotels, but this was quite nice for what we needed. They are baby friendly and provided a crib for free.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 10,306
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I really appreciate your candid comments, Thank you! Yes, we are within walking distance to the largest shopping mall in the State of Maine. I'm glad that you mentioned baby friendly as we love to see our smallest guests enjoying themselves! We are also pet friendly. There are a handful of great local restaurants within a half mile of us believe it or not. Just ask our friendly front desk crew for recommendations!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn at the beginning of June and everything from clean rooms, customer service and the breakfast were excellent. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul-Maine
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words! We all appreciate you taking the time to give your comments.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

stayed one night at start of our holiday. The motel was good for the money. the room clean and the bed comfortable although I would have preferred two big pillows to 5 small ones! The breakfast was good - a very nice lady was bustling around checking the coffeee was hot and nothing ran out even though they were quite busy. They provided a free shuttle service to the airport. If you have time for shopping the Maine mall is in walking distance

Room Tip: one at the back is best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've stayed here twice in the past month or two, mostly because of the discount coupon in the highway coupon book. The first time the room was near an entry door and it was so noisy I was up most of the night. The more recent time I was in a better-located room and it was nice and quiet. The mattresses are covered in heavy plastic and so are quite uncomfortable to sleep on. During the first night, the fitted sheet came untucked, not sure if the bed wasn't made properly or if it just wouldn't stay put with the plastic underneath. The continental breakfast is nothing to stick around for in the morning. If you can pay the same price at one of the many other hotels in the area in South Portland, stay there instead. Better beds, better breakfasts.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a room away from entry doors!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This hotel was a great fit for all of our needs. Close to shopping, Portland attractions and all kinds of restaurants it was just what we needed for the night. Got a great rate out of one of the hotel coupon books. Guy at front desk was super nice and friendly. The only bad thing was he put us in the first room on the first floor that was closest to the lobby and everybody walked by it so it was kinda noisy, but nothing unbearable. Would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2012

This hotel is very close to the airport - but only 2 planes went by that we heard from 6pm-6am - Friday of memorial weekend. This hotel is close to everything, the mall, all kinds of restaurants, only a mile or so off the highway (95) Wasnt expecting too much as it didnt have any AAA rating that I could find. But is definately worth staying at. Breakfast was adequate and at 6am - which we like. Would recommend this hotel and stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
#4 of 13 in South Portland
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#18 of 20 in Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!