“Decent, but nothing spectacular”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel is decent for a one night stay near the airport. Our room was clean. The sink was outside the bathroom door, which we found annoying. The wi-fi seemed spotty, at least on our mobile devices. The continental breakfast was not very good - don't bother with the pre-made scrambled egg-disc things. Stick to the waffle station, yogurt or fruit.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poptartsjd

Reviewed 24 July 2012

This hotel was clean and the people were friendly. It's about 5-6 miles away from the Old Port area of Portland (the really charming area of the city) and is located near a bunch of strip malls and big box stores. It is also very close to the airport.

The free breakfast isn't bad for what it is. The pancake shaped eggs looked a bit dubious and the hard boiled eggs were a touch overcooked (over boiled) but it was nice to have a selection. Husband really enjoyed the waffle station although they ran out of peanut butter. Coffee was fine.

Shower door had to be kept closed otherwise the steam could set off the fire alarms and the sink was outside the bathroom door. Only two sets of towels per room. The wifi was fine but it was annoying to have to log in every time you turned the computer on. But, the signal was not a problem.

Biggest problem was that when I woke up in the morning, there was no hot water. Staff said they were working on it but didn't give a time line. The hot water was working a few hours later when I returned to the room.

Price for this location was $140 per night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The front desk staff was very helpful. The room was a mix. Bedding was nice but the tub had started to turn a little black. I tried washing and cleaning it myself but the stains wouldn't come out so I figured it was as clean as it was going to get without an acid wash. Good location near the airport but overpriced in my mind. Everything in the area was high so maybe I shouldn't complain about the price. Vanity was not in the bathroom but in the entry to the room which I didn't like. Well managed hotel. I'd stay here again but would look for a better rate than $140 first.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Nice room with micro and mini fridge, Flat screen TV. When I came into room I had two problems. Tv wouldn't work, and I couldn't recline the recliner. Front desk said they would send up someone for TV, and 'Oh, we got rid of all our recliners'. Well, sorry to say, the chair in my room WAS a recliner, just really hard to lean back in. TV needed to be programmed and was done in minutes by a maintenance person. Biggest problem here, VERY annoying wifi. Hotels need to understand some of us need to be on our computer LOTS. And I also want my iPhone and iPad to be continuously connected to wifi, not have to re login each time I pick one of them up. This should and could easily be changed.

Room Tip: I always want top floor, no BIG family above me.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We needed a simple place to stay before an early morning flight and this got the job done. The room was clean and comfortable, and they have a nice free breakfast starting a 6am (coffee, fruit and granola bars before 6am). It's a five minute drive from the airport and also five minutes from large mall in case you want some chain-restaurant food or need to shop. I'm generally skeptical about the quality of airport hotels, but this was quite nice for what we needed. They are baby friendly and provided a crib for free.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 10,306
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

I really appreciate your candid comments, Thank you! Yes, we are within walking distance to the largest shopping mall in the State of Maine. I'm glad that you mentioned baby friendly as we love to see our smallest guests enjoying themselves! We are also pet friendly. There are a handful of great local restaurants within a half mile of us believe it or not. Just ask our friendly front desk crew for recommendations!

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn at the beginning of June and everything from clean rooms, customer service and the breakfast were excellent. I would recommend this hotel for your stay in this area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul-Maine
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words! We all appreciate you taking the time to give your comments.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

stayed one night at start of our holiday. The motel was good for the money. the room clean and the bed comfortable although I would have preferred two big pillows to 5 small ones! The breakfast was good - a very nice lady was bustling around checking the coffeee was hot and nothing ran out even though they were quite busy. They provided a free shuttle service to the airport. If you have time for shopping the Maine mall is in walking distance

Room Tip: one at the back is best
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Clarion Hotel
#18 of 21 in Portland
1 mi away
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!