“Home away from home”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Excellent location for airport. Friendly and quick airport shuttle. Drivers are always available, only down side is you need to sign up for morning shuttles and they only leave 15 minutes after each hour. I think they should plan on 2 trips per hour in the morning. A 6:00 AM flight requires the 4:15 shuttle (too early) or the 5:15 shuttle (too late). The warm cookies at 4PM and 6PM are a nice touch, as is the soup at 6:00PM. When I was last there they were trying out an offering of Chile too. Although I have always had to leave before the 5:30 AM breakfast, I have met and talked with Pat,the lady that handles the breakfast and foyer coffee. Pat is a sweetheart and enjoys talking with guests. The front desk staff is caring and responsive.
I am not sure if reviewer "tobro" stayed in the same hotel I did, because I found the hotel to be modern and inviting. Perhaps it has undergone a renovation since that review. I found the room to be odor free and quiet. One can hear a muffled sound of a shower from a neighboring room, but I hear that in my own home. My wake up call was right on time, my room temperature was controlled by me. The bed was very comfortable with nice pillows and a clean sheet covered comforter. My room did not have a microwave and the shower room was small. I had plenty of hot water as well as a heat lamp in the shower room which is important in Maine. My coffee maker worked great and if I didn't feel like making coffee, the lobby has delicious regular and decaf at all times. The lobby also offers hot water for tea or cider. Overall I rate this hotel as top notch.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor on the airport side and slept very well. Floor 2 and 3 are serviced by an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Home away from home. You said it and experienced it. That's exactly what we strive for. I will work on the airport shuttle hours as you mentioned. Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Kind regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Airport

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Just before Thanksgiving (so, off-season) I stayed here on the spur of the moment because I was tired from driving all night, I saw a coupon at the rest area, and the front desk actually picked up the phone! The service was amazing! I was invited to check in that early, eat breakfast, and stay into the night. Yes, the hotel is older and cluttered in the hallway...because the atmosphere is very laid back and family friendly, and people from all walks of life are milling around at ease as if they are home. Living in New Jersey, one has to have a certain 'urban paranoia' about security and safety and such. However, I felt safe and secure and comfortable at this hotel. Despite its age and dated feel, everything was immaculate, which at the end of the day is what really matters to me. The best aspect was that the front desk encouraged me to use the free internet, and surprise surprise! it was actually easy to log on AND it worked AND the speed was excellent! I have been at much fancier hotels where this certainly was not the case. I'll definitely stay again, I must emphasize again how amazing the front desk was, they literally treated me like a visiting rock star, I had a wonderful time:) Oh, and the free continental is pretty good but make sure you get there early, the good stuff goes fast and it gets crowded and noisy later in the AM.

Room Tip: Higher floors seemed quieter, but the elevator is very small. Stairs are an easy slant and are much...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

So glad you chose our hotel on the "spur of the moment". Sometimes that's when you truly find the gems in life and meet the most awesomest of people that make your experiences personal and memorable :) We truly enjoy meeting and interacting with our guests. That's the best part of coming to work each day. Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback. You made our day! Kindest regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

We were snow stranded in Portland and used Trip Advisor to check on local hotels that had rooms available. The room at the Comfort Inn was comfortable and clean, with a King sized bed that was very nice. The in-room internet allowed us to check on restaurants that were located near by and to find a movie theatre that was located close to the hotel. The snowy driveway proved to be a bit of a slippery challenge for some vehicles, we were glad to have all wheel drive. The loyalty program of additional points was a draw for us to choose Comfort Inn.

Room Tip: A room close to the exit door was helpful when dealing with the heavy snowfall we were happy to find...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GolfGal07
blandergren, General Manager at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Coziness inside, snowy and cold outside; this is the place to be. Don't forget the hot soups during the week, and the fresh baked cookies with hot apple cider. We appreciate your feedback. Warmest regards during this cold season in Maine, Beth Landergren, General Manager

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Came for a one night stay (thank goodness). I arrived by air at 10 pm. Good points, shuttle was quick to come when called and free. Bad points - older, dingy hotel - stuff stored out the halls, decor was bad even when it was new. I asked for the chance to get a glass of milk from the front desk staff - knowing they can serve in in the am with breakfast - because everything was closed except pizza delivery. She could not be bothered and really could not explain why she could not, i.e., the kitchen is locked, or I am not allowed, just could not swing it. The room (108), dingy, loud street sounds on ground floor, rickety bed - no pillow tops or nice linens here, stained carpet, dirty table. Motel 6 could compete with this one. Quick stay only - ok, but there are other choices in the area for about the same rate. Paid $78, should have been $50 for what you get.

Room Tip: Don't get 108.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank tobro

I'm so sorry you didn't like it here :( We have been working hard to update and refresh our guest rooms. New pillows; a choice of 2 firm, and 2 soft on each bed, new chairs updated our rooms last year along with a remodel of our breakfast room, and lobby. New fresh bedding, and drapes arrived this month. I agree with you that a bright cheerful welcome and a genuine willingness to help you be more comfortable with your stay is what makes the stay memorable. Our front desk staff normally love requests from our guests. It gives them a chance to shine and do what they love best; making our guest feel at home and comfortable. I appreciate your comments. Kind Regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights in a king room. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was fantastic, and we only paid $55 a night AMAZING! It is very close to all shopping. Make sure to apply for a choice membership they have amazing deals on points stays, for example stay twice in December get a FREE night!!!!!

Room Tip: King rooms are nice, make sure to pick up a room saver book available at most rest stops along the w...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Our staff looks for feedback all the time and is absolutely DELIGHTED to hear kind words like yours to describe us! Thank you bunches! We look forward to hosting your next shopping adventure! Kind regards, Beth Landergren

Reviewed 15 November 2012

Excellent price and very handy to everything you need, A great hotel to stay for some shopping in Portland .Staff is very friendly and helpful.The breakfast is very good lots to choose from hot or cold.Easy access from the 95 highway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Clean and Convenient are two words I look for when I travel! Very close to the Maine Mall shops and restaurants as well as the Old Port historic district in downtown Portland. Great for shopping and nightlife. Our hot breakfast will start your day off right with fresh hot Belgian waffles, hot eggs, and sausage, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt and much much more. Thanks so much for your comments and feedback. Kind Regards, Beth Landergren, General Manager.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

This was a great hotel at an excellent price. Clean, good breakfast and very reasonably priced. A good hotel to stay in when shopping in Maine and needing only a good, clean place to rest. Easy access from the 95 highway.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Best Western Merry Manor Inn
#2 of 13 in South Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!