Comfort Inn Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$118
US$78
Hampton Inn Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$107
Quality Inn & Suites(South Portland)
US$87
Best Western Merry Manor Inn(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$78
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks(South Portland)
US$133
Marriott Hotels
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$119
Tru by Hilton Portland Airport Area(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbreakfast roommaine mallfront desk staffcookieswaffleswould stay here againan early morning flightstayed one nightcheck in was quickstaff was friendlycoffee makerflat screen tvking roomfirst floorportland jetportplenty of parkingconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was my first time here but have stayed at a number of properties in the city. The Comfort Inn is situated between the Maine Mall and the Jetport. My room was standard size and the beds were very comfortable. The refrigerator and microwave were an added bonus. The WiFi signal was strong throughout. I had to unplug the in-room coffee maker to plug in my laptop due to the limited outlets in the room. The sink is in the room. I would rather have it in the bathroom and not disturb others when sleeping. I was not bothered with my first floor room directly opposite the laundry. The service carts in the hallway in late afternoon or early morning were not an inconvenience. Housekeeping made sure they did not block passage.

The hotel is a few minutes walk to a Five Guys and a Super Great Wall Buffet. There are numerous restaurants and fast food outlets less than a half mile away in the vicinity of the Maine Mall.

The staff is very friendly. Two housekeeping oversights were brought to the attention of the front desk and taken care of. The included morning buffet was a notch over the standard in the area. The small breakfast room can get crowded. I usually bring the food to my room for a more quiet breakfast.

I booked this hotel because of a promotional deal in the off-season. Summer rates in Portland are not cheap and this hotel is not economical during the heavy tourist season. I already plan on staying here early next year when in the city.

Room Tip: Rooms are average sized with two beds but are smaller with one bed.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed here on a recent shopping trip and read that it had been recently renovated so we decided to give it a try. The room was very comfortable and clean and was it not been for the fact that we were booked into a room that was located in the middle of a row of rooms given to a team of basketball players that didn't go to sleep until 4 am I would have given this hotel a higher rating. There was slamming doors, bouncing basketballs and very loud chaperones having what sounded like a party until after 4 in the morning. The hotel staff did nothing to stop this and I would have hoped they would have had the sense to not put other guests in the middle of this noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed here the night before we were due to fly out of Portland. We were able to leave our car for free at the hotel while we were gone, saving us the long term parking fee at the airport. They also provided us a free shuttle to the airport at departure and picked us up upon our return. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was great. All the staff was so helpful when our original flight was cancelled and we had to stay an extra night. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: This is also a pet friendly hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here at a busy time when I had trouble finding room intown locations. which I would have preferred. But the location has its advantages for some--right next to 95, and if you plan your route, just 10 minuted to the center of town. Nothing but chain resturants nearby, and even they aren't within walking distance, so be prepared to drive. The room was standard Comfort Inn--good size, comfortable bed, clean, well-equipped, good bathroom, not fancy but very comfortable.
Problems: in the three days I was there, it hosted three separate bus tour groups. Two of them were loud and seemed to think the corridors were lobbies or party areas. I could barely get in when I arrived because their luggage filled the entry and lobby. They jammed the breakfast room, hogged the toasters, etc etc. I'm sure they were all nice people, but as one fellow remarked to me in the elevator, "I wouldn't want to travel with them." Let's just say it didn't enhance the quality of my stay, and I gather the Inn routinely hosts large groups.
Pluses: The staff was fabulous--handled the groups well, but were 100% attentive to a lone traveler. The woman managing the breakfast room deserves a prize (listen up, manager), hurrying in and out to keep restocking the food (real eggs, and hot!) while people were grabbing everything they could--and remain not only pleasant, but downright sunny. Without the staff I'd knock it down a star, but staff really matters sometimes.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at this location on a business trip. Location is excellent both to the airport and major highways. Lots of shopping in the area. Room was clean, comfortable and very adequate. Good location for a business traveller. Quiet rooms. Breakfast area is a bit small but adequate to get up and going on the days business. Would stay at this location again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business