“Park n Fly deal”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Moncton, Canada
“Park n Fly deal”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before flying down south for three weeks. Upon our arrival, I was quite surprised to stand at the front desk totally unacknowledged while the front desk clerk carried on with a very personal phone call right in front of me. Once we got past the weirdness of that, we got settled into our room which was surprisingly nice and decently equipped.

Shuttle the next morning was perfect and left on time. When we returned, we simply called the hotel and they sent the shuttle for us and it arrived within ten minutes. We got back to the hotel and our car was still there, so bonus points there...

All in all, decent place to stay and the park and fly was a great deal....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JackTheDog1
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Greetings JackTheDog1,

I apologize that your check-in process was not proper. This is not standard nor acceptable. Please contact me so I can get some more information on this situation and make this right for you. We take great pride in our services and any issues that do occur, we want to deal with. I greatly appreciate your feedback on our rooms being "nice and decently equipped,"as well as, that you found our shuttle service "perfect," and the return process easy.

I look forward to hearing from you.

207-775-0409 jessica.geary@withamhotels,com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here several times in past years. Since our last stay 2 years ago they have redecorated the rooms and re-modeled the entrance and breakfast area. This is a nice place. Quiet heat, comfy beds, good breakfast, friendly staff, and this time we were glad that they have a washer and dryer available for their guests to use. One feature I like is that the basin area is outside of the bathroom, so I can shower first and while my husband is showering I can brush my teeth, put on makeup etc in a non-steamy place. If in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saxeygirl
Greetings Saxeygirl,

Welcome back! Thank you for noticing our updated rooms and renovated spaces such as our entry way and expanded breakfast area. We did just recently purchase a new coin-op washer and dryer, as well as, added new refrigerators and microwaves in all of the rooms. I will be sure to pass along to my team that you found our beds "comfy," breakfast "good," and staff "friendly." I also appreciate your feedback regarding the convenience of basin area outside of the bathroom area. I too find this set-up easier while traveling. We do hope to see you again, and please ask for me next time you are in the area. I would love to meet you in person and say "hi." Repeat guests like yourself are like family to us!

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before flying out of the Portland Jetport. I had called the hotel earlier in the day and spoke with the person at the front desk about our reservation. While checking in, she spoke about our conversation - a very nice first impression! Our room was located on the first floor and only a short walk from the front desk. Both the room and hallway were extremely clean - perhaps recently renovated. The room and bathroom were small but it served our needs perfectly. The bathroom had an extended shower curtain which allowed for more room while showering. At 4:00 in the morning we checked out and took the free hotel shuttle to the airport. The dining room area was closed at that time in the morning but fresh coffee and fruit were available. We were greeted in the lobby by an extremely friendly and helpful driver who took our bags and drove us to the airport in the hotel van. After a quick five minute drive (or less) to the airport, we were on our way. The hotel worked out great for us. The only complaint were the people in the room next to us whose tv blared until 1:00 in the morning. Other than that a great stay at a great price. We will stay here again on our next early morning flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Greetings julia2949,

Thank you for such a thorough review of our hotel, staff and services. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Park and Fly Package, found our hotel clean and staff friendly. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. They strive to meet and exceed guests experiences at our hotel and will appreciate your review. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Bethel, Maine
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is good for staying and flying. Free breakfast but it is the sub-standard, out of the box breakfast that gets offer for free in most of these hotels. The shuttle service is great and the proximity to the airport is excellent.

Room Tip: Try to stay on top floor, not near elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Greetings RobinZ,

We are delighted to hear that you found our Park and Fly Package a great service for your travel needs. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with our breakfast. We do offer a variety of: cereals, pastries/breads, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt and juices. We also offer eggs, hard boiled eggs, waffles, etc. I am always open to, and appreciative of, hearing what our guests want to see offered. Your feedback is very important to us as a way of improving our services. Please feel free to contact me directly with additional feedback.

Waterville, Maine
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Because we live an hour and quarter from the Portland Jetport, and our flights are almost always at 6:00 or 7:00 a.m., it is more convenient for us to spend the night before our departures in the Portland area at a hotel or motel which provides shuttle service to the airport. Not only does the Comfort Inn Airport meet this criterion, they also have a very reasonable "Stay and Fly" package allowing free parking for up to 14 days (other hotels' similar packages are for 7 days only before an additional charge of $10.00 per day begins.) And if you are saying beyond the 14 days, as we often do, the additional daily charge is only $7.00. The rooms are adequate and clean, the staff is friendly and helpful, free internet is provided as well as continental breakfast. Great deal considering the shuttle and parking package!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings FredL

We are delighted to hear that you found our Park and Fly package to be of great value. We strive to provide comfort, convenience and affordability. I appreciate your positive feedback on our rooms being clean, staff helpful and friendly. We hope to see you again soon! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I needed a low cost hotel in the Portland area and had a coupon for this one. It was a very busy hotel, mainly due to the airport I guess.

Nice clean room, i had end room so it had an extra window. Near to lots of food places and a mall (which i didnt realise until i left !)

There was a slight issue with my door, but aparently there is a knack for getting it open, not really as issue once i had been shown, but given that most of the staff knew about it, it would be better to get it permanently fixed I would have thought.

In general i would reccomend this place to anyone needing to stay in the vacinity.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Greetings KellyB,

We are glad that you found use in our hotel coupon. We also appreciate feedback on your, "nice clean room." I will make sure to pass this onto our housekeeping department. Generally we do stay busy; we are close to the airport, offer Park and Fly packages, are centrally located to many tourist attractions and of course....the mall. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Portland area, but I do hope you come back so you can enjoy all of what our location has to offer. I would also be happy to send you information on attractions! I do apologize that you found an issue with the room door. I will review this with maintenance and I will personally make sure this is corrected.

We hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

jessica.geary@withamhotels.com or 207-775-0409
Nashville
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Rooms are tiny. When we arrived it was pouring outside and the desk clerk gave us a pass to place in our car. We did not intend on going out again but she went anal on us and said we had to. Well we didn't do as she wanted. The breakfast room is so small and crowded that it was impossible to even eat there. When we did check out our vehicle was still there though even though we did not have the pass lol. We always stay at the Clarion but they were full that night. We will sleep in our car next time before I ever return to the terrible people at thus disgusting place

Stayed April 2014
Dear JayS,

I apologize that you found your stay with us uncomfortable. I would welcome you to please feel free to contact me directly, so I can help resolve your dissatisfaction with us. We do ask as policy, for guests to leave tags on the windshield of their cars for various reason, such as: if a guests leaves his/her car lights on. We do apologize that you found that our breakfast area crowded. We have recently renovated it to create a larger space, in efforts be more accommodating. We were sold out on this night and unfortunately it seems as though you were caught in the breakfast rush. We do have trays available in the event guests want to bring their breakfasts back to their rooms. This may not be ideal, however, we do try to accommodate in every situation that does arise. Again, I would love to discuss your stay with you further. Guest satisfaction is of upmost importance to us.

I can be reached at jessica.geary@withamhotels.com or 207-775-0409.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
#1 of 12 in South Portland
Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Maine
Howard Johnson Hotel South Portland
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!