“Convenient to Airport and Shopping!”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Stuttgart, Arkansas, United States
“Convenient to Airport and Shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived early, a couple of hours before check in. We had gotten lost trying to drive around Portland first and were already tired. We were greeted by Erin who turned our day around 180 degrees!! She quickly worked to get us checked into a ground level room. She gave us maps and all sorts of good information for the area. She even got us a better rate that what we had booked!! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The next day Erin gave us menus to a couple of restaurants who delivered in the area since we had to return our rental car. Breakfast was excellent. The gentleman who was in charge of the breakfast made sure there was plenty of the items that were offered and the area was clean and tidy. And, he had a smile on his face! Erin stopped by our table to give us a downtown shopping tip. We purchased several items at this "Maine" store. The next morning our shuttle to the airport was ready at 5:15am. Coffee was ready too! Airport is very near by so we made our flight with plenty of time for breakfast there. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jane J
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Greetings Janet J,

First, we're glad you found us!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review on the stellar service some of our staff members provided. They take pride in their jobs and try hard bring customer service to higher levels. I am also pleased that you found our rooms "clean," beds "comfortable," and breakfast "excellent." I will make sure to share this will all team members as they will appreciate your positive recognition.

We do hope to see you again! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

207-775-0409
jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel has everything you need to crash overnight before your flight. It is easy to find, has a nice staff and clean rooms with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are very small. There really aren't any local dinner options near by- just chain restaurants, but a short 20 minute drive will get you wherever you want to eat. We had a quiet and restful night here. If I have another early morning flight, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Trumpditty 1,

We are delighted to hear your positive feedback on our hotel! I will be sure to share with my team, that you found our staff "nice" and rooms "clean." For dinner, did you try the Mall area? This is one block away. If your looking for unique, we are 4.5 miles from the Historic Old Port district. Please let me know if you are in the area again as I would love to offer some fabulous recommendations on where to go.

We hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

207-775-0409
jessica.geary@withamhotels.com
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This Comfort Inn is exceptionally clean, has a very friendly staff, the rooms have been recently redone and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast is very good, as well. This is a great reasonable place to stay near the Portland Jetport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ross5100
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Greetings ross5100,

We appreciate your positive reviews of hotel being "exceptionally clean," our staff "very friendly," breakfast "very good," and that you overall found our hotel a "great reasonable place to stay." I will make sure to share all of this wonderful feedback with my team. We hope you come back soon!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

In Warmest Hospitality!

jessica.geary@withamhotels.com or 207-749-5065
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before flying down south for three weeks. Upon our arrival, I was quite surprised to stand at the front desk totally unacknowledged while the front desk clerk carried on with a very personal phone call right in front of me. Once we got past the weirdness of that, we got settled into our room which was surprisingly nice and decently equipped.

Shuttle the next morning was perfect and left on time. When we returned, we simply called the hotel and they sent the shuttle for us and it arrived within ten minutes. We got back to the hotel and our car was still there, so bonus points there...

All in all, decent place to stay and the park and fly was a great deal....

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JackTheDog1
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Greetings JackTheDog1,

I apologize that your check-in process was not proper. This is not standard nor acceptable. Please contact me so I can get some more information on this situation and make this right for you. We take great pride in our services and any issues that do occur, we want to deal with. I greatly appreciate your feedback on our rooms being "nice and decently equipped,"as well as, that you found our shuttle service "perfect," and the return process easy.

I look forward to hearing from you.

207-775-0409 jessica.geary@withamhotels,com
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here several times in past years. Since our last stay 2 years ago they have redecorated the rooms and re-modeled the entrance and breakfast area. This is a nice place. Quiet heat, comfy beds, good breakfast, friendly staff, and this time we were glad that they have a washer and dryer available for their guests to use. One feature I like is that the basin area is outside of the bathroom, so I can shower first and while my husband is showering I can brush my teeth, put on makeup etc in a non-steamy place. If in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Saxeygirl
Greetings Saxeygirl,

Welcome back! Thank you for noticing our updated rooms and renovated spaces such as our entry way and expanded breakfast area. We did just recently purchase a new coin-op washer and dryer, as well as, added new refrigerators and microwaves in all of the rooms. I will be sure to pass along to my team that you found our beds "comfy," breakfast "good," and staff "friendly." I also appreciate your feedback regarding the convenience of basin area outside of the bathroom area. I too find this set-up easier while traveling. We do hope to see you again, and please ask for me next time you are in the area. I would love to meet you in person and say "hi." Repeat guests like yourself are like family to us!

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel the night before flying out of the Portland Jetport. I had called the hotel earlier in the day and spoke with the person at the front desk about our reservation. While checking in, she spoke about our conversation - a very nice first impression! Our room was located on the first floor and only a short walk from the front desk. Both the room and hallway were extremely clean - perhaps recently renovated. The room and bathroom were small but it served our needs perfectly. The bathroom had an extended shower curtain which allowed for more room while showering. At 4:00 in the morning we checked out and took the free hotel shuttle to the airport. The dining room area was closed at that time in the morning but fresh coffee and fruit were available. We were greeted in the lobby by an extremely friendly and helpful driver who took our bags and drove us to the airport in the hotel van. After a quick five minute drive (or less) to the airport, we were on our way. The hotel worked out great for us. The only complaint were the people in the room next to us whose tv blared until 1:00 in the morning. Other than that a great stay at a great price. We will stay here again on our next early morning flight.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Greetings julia2949,

Thank you for such a thorough review of our hotel, staff and services. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Park and Fly Package, found our hotel clean and staff friendly. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with our staff. They strive to meet and exceed guests experiences at our hotel and will appreciate your review. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Bethel, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is good for staying and flying. Free breakfast but it is the sub-standard, out of the box breakfast that gets offer for free in most of these hotels. The shuttle service is great and the proximity to the airport is excellent.

Room Tip: Try to stay on top floor, not near elevator