“The room was good except wifi was poor”

Comfort Inn Airport
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The room was great and the staff was friendly (especially Timothy at check-in). The only complaint I have is the wifi was poor - had a hard time connecting and staying connected! When we checked out no one asked how the room was or if there were any problems. Close to airport and shopping. Quite a few restaurants in the area around the mall.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Greetings RF Alberta,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on us. I'm glad that you found your room "great" and staff "friendly." I'll make sure to let Timothy know that you mentioned him. He will appreciate it! I do apologize that you had trouble with the Wi-Fi. I appreciate your feedback on this and will look into it. I also apologize that you were not asked how your stay was at check out. This is not a norm and actually, asking how your stay was, is something we value very much! I'll review this as well. I am glad that you found our Mall/restaurant location convenient. We hope to see you again! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

207-775-0409 or jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This is where we always stay if we're staying overnight in Southern Maine. There is nothing fancy about this place, but here's why we stay there: it's in a very safe area, close to the airport and the interstate, the rooms are well taken of and clean, it has free wi-fi that actually works (which should be a given everywhere, but isn't), the continental breakfast is decent, the staff is consistently good, and there's almost always a coupon that brings down the cost a bit. Another reason this will continue to be our go-to place is the fact that they're pet friendly, which we found out when we were travelling with our cat. Renovations were underway when we were there last and I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements when we go to Maine this fall.

Bottom line: if what you're looking for is a clean, comfortable room for the night, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Greetings EmK339,

We are honored to know that this is where you choose to stay, when staying in southern Maine. I appreciate hearing why you have chosen us, "it's in a very safe area, close to the airport and the interstate, the rooms are well taken of and clean, it has free wi-fi that actually works (which should be a given everywhere, but isn't), the continental breakfast is decent, the staff is consistently good, and there's almost always a coupon that brings down the cost a bit. " Our staff try's hard to accommodate all guests and, yes, the coupons are always good! I'm glad that you brought your cat with you. We are very pet friendly. Although we don't have cat treats (only dog treats), maybe we'll relook and invest into those too for our kitty guests. Thank you for noticing our renovations. We are always striving to keep up, keep comfortable and be our guests home away from home.

We hope to see you again soon. Look for the cat treats (or ask the desk). Please let me know if I can provide any assistance.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived early, a couple of hours before check in. We had gotten lost trying to drive around Portland first and were already tired. We were greeted by Erin who turned our day around 180 degrees!! She quickly worked to get us checked into a ground level room. She gave us maps and all sorts of good information for the area. She even got us a better rate that what we had booked!! The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The next day Erin gave us menus to a couple of restaurants who delivered in the area since we had to return our rental car. Breakfast was excellent. The gentleman who was in charge of the breakfast made sure there was plenty of the items that were offered and the area was clean and tidy. And, he had a smile on his face! Erin stopped by our table to give us a downtown shopping tip. We purchased several items at this "Maine" store. The next morning our shuttle to the airport was ready at 5:15am. Coffee was ready too! Airport is very near by so we made our flight with plenty of time for breakfast there. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jane J

Greetings Janet J,

First, we're glad you found us!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review on the stellar service some of our staff members provided. They take pride in their jobs and try hard bring customer service to higher levels. I am also pleased that you found our rooms "clean," beds "comfortable," and breakfast "excellent." I will make sure to share this will all team members as they will appreciate your positive recognition.

We do hope to see you again! Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel has everything you need to crash overnight before your flight. It is easy to find, has a nice staff and clean rooms with comfortable beds. The bathrooms are very small. There really aren't any local dinner options near by- just chain restaurants, but a short 20 minute drive will get you wherever you want to eat. We had a quiet and restful night here. If I have another early morning flight, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Greetings Trumpditty 1,

We are delighted to hear your positive feedback on our hotel! I will be sure to share with my team, that you found our staff "nice" and rooms "clean." For dinner, did you try the Mall area? This is one block away. If your looking for unique, we are 4.5 miles from the Historic Old Port district. Please let me know if you are in the area again as I would love to offer some fabulous recommendations on where to go.

We hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This Comfort Inn is exceptionally clean, has a very friendly staff, the rooms have been recently redone and the beds are extremely comfortable. The breakfast is very good, as well. This is a great reasonable place to stay near the Portland Jetport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ross5100
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Greetings ross5100,

We appreciate your positive reviews of hotel being "exceptionally clean," our staff "very friendly," breakfast "very good," and that you overall found our hotel a "great reasonable place to stay." I will make sure to share all of this wonderful feedback with my team. We hope you come back soon!

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

In Warmest Hospitality!

jessica.geary@withamhotels.com or 207-749-5065

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night before flying down south for three weeks. Upon our arrival, I was quite surprised to stand at the front desk totally unacknowledged while the front desk clerk carried on with a very personal phone call right in front of me. Once we got past the weirdness of that, we got settled into our room which was surprisingly nice and decently equipped.

Shuttle the next morning was perfect and left on time. When we returned, we simply called the hotel and they sent the shuttle for us and it arrived within ten minutes. We got back to the hotel and our car was still there, so bonus points there...

All in all, decent place to stay and the park and fly was a great deal....

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JackTheDog1
blandergren, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Greetings JackTheDog1,

I apologize that your check-in process was not proper. This is not standard nor acceptable. Please contact me so I can get some more information on this situation and make this right for you. We take great pride in our services and any issues that do occur, we want to deal with. I greatly appreciate your feedback on our rooms being "nice and decently equipped,"as well as, that you found our shuttle service "perfect," and the return process easy.

I look forward to hearing from you.

207-775-0409 jessica.geary@withamhotels,com

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have stayed here several times in past years. Since our last stay 2 years ago they have redecorated the rooms and re-modeled the entrance and breakfast area. This is a nice place. Quiet heat, comfy beds, good breakfast, friendly staff, and this time we were glad that they have a washer and dryer available for their guests to use. One feature I like is that the basin area is outside of the bathroom, so I can shower first and while my husband is showering I can brush my teeth, put on makeup etc in a non-steamy place. If in the area we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Saxeygirl

Greetings Saxeygirl,

Welcome back! Thank you for noticing our updated rooms and renovated spaces such as our entry way and expanded breakfast area. We did just recently purchase a new coin-op washer and dryer, as well as, added new refrigerators and microwaves in all of the rooms. I will be sure to pass along to my team that you found our beds "comfy," breakfast "good," and staff "friendly." I also appreciate your feedback regarding the convenience of basin area outside of the bathroom area. I too find this set-up easier while traveling. We do hope to see you again, and please ask for me next time you are in the area. I would love to meet you in person and say "hi." Repeat guests like yourself are like family to us!

207-775-0409 or jessica.geary@withamhotels.com

#5 of 13 in South Portland
Clarion Hotel
Clarion Hotel
#18 of 20 in Portland

Been to Comfort Inn Airport? Share your experiences!