“comfort 1st.”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Princeton, Me, United States
“comfort 1st.”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I was pleasantly supprised to find a massage chair in my king room and enjoyed using it each night I was there. Also a aupprise was the microwave and small refrig in the room as these things were not in the motel description.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are happy that you found the hotel to your liking and that you found the amenities comfortable and convenient. We appreciate your business and hope to see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Swampscott, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We were looking for a place last minute for Columbus day weekend and were traveling with 2 dogs and stumbled upon this more due to others being booked but glad it happened.

The hotel was neat and clean...maybe could have used some cauling in the tub. The had bed and bath soaps, lots of towels and hot water. The beds were comfortable with lots of pillows. The room had a a microwave and fridge which came in very handy. They had free wifi in the room The main lobby has a public computer and sitting rooms in the main lobby. There is easy access to major routes nearby. We never used the pool or hot tub. You do need to drive to go places but it is very conveniently located just not ideal if you like to be able to walk to everything.

The staff was extremely nice. . I had a problem with one of my computers and had a tech person on the phone personally solving my problem for no charge for at least an hour. The issue ended up being having to fix some software on my computer and he never made me feel technically challenged or that he was doing me a favor.

The best news was there was a dog run not far from our room. The rooms may have been dated a bit but I was not paying for a fancy renovated room. I and was rather pleased as I was expecting at that price (less then we had planned to pay) that it would not nearly as pleasant. I thought the hotel was a great deal and the best situation I have seen for pets. I would recommend it to anyone and I do a lot of traveling at all types of price ranges.

Room Tip: If you have a dog with you the back of the building has a wonderful dog area and the hotel even supp...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for the great review. We are a perfect hotel if traveling with pets, children, or for business. I am happy that technical support was able to help you with your computer issues and that you appreciated all the amenities and comforts of your stay. You can never have too many pillows or Bath and Bodyworks toilettes! We hope that you and your dogs will stay with us again soon!
Rainham, Essex
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel having spent the night before at the Hilton at Boston Airport. This is sooo much better!!! Room looks exactly the same but a third cheaper. Complimentary breakfast was lovely with plenty of eggs, bacon, sausages, a waffle machine and pancakes. As a Brit I needed instruction for the waffle iron and the waitresses were happy to help. Dinner in the same restaurant was good but menu a little limited. Staff very helpful and attentive. Used the spa facilities once. Inside pool area is smaller than the pictures suggest but jacuzzi was nice and swimming in the heated outdoor pool in October was lovely. Hotel is right on the main road but set back so road noise was not a problem. Lots of parking available. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Seems a pity to check out in a couple of hours time but we have to move on to our next destination: Lazy E Motor Inn in Laconia, NH. Hope it's as good as this one!!!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
We are so pleased that your stay was "lovely". We are so glad to hear that you found everything to meet and exceed your expectations. We are always willing to help a "Brit" or anyone else with any problems or questions that may come up during their stay. We strive for great customer service and an enjoyable stay for all our guests. We hope that the remainder of your stay was lovely, and hope that if you come back to Maine that you will stay with us again!
Halifax, NS
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Have stayed at this hotel numerous times and had a good experience but this year despite having 4 guests registered and paying158.00 a night we only received 2 breakfast vouchers. They should tell you that when you book.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We apologize for any error on our part. Our rates are based on 2 adult occupants and any children under the age of 12. This is also how we provide breakfast to our guests. I am not sure of the details of your reservation but apologize for the inconvenience. There is an additional charge of $10.00 for each additional adult. Also, guests who book through certain 3rd party sites do not receive breakfast.
Fresno
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Sept 25 2013, after a long day touring our bus pulled up to the Best Western Merry Manor. Welcome cookies and a friendly staff greeted us. I found my room and opened the door, oh the smell. I went to the front desk and asked for help, sorry the hotel is full, So I went back to the room to see if I could make do, the bed was made and the floor had been vacuumed. So I cleaned the bath, fresh clean towels and all the supplies too. The counters (yes counters the room had 2 sinks one inside the bath one outside)(room did have a frig and microwave) were not wiped down and ring around the tub. No this will not do. So back to the front desk and asked for cleaning supplies or a maid. No on the maid yes on the supplies, so after 2 trips for supplies the room now smelling of cleaners was ok and I had a hot bath plus and good nights sleep. In the morning the hotel had breakfast for our bus in a banquet room. The food was good hot and tasty. Overall not to bad, I like cleaning. The staff made it all ok in the end.
PS would I stay here again, Yes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
I apologize that we did not meet all your expectations. Unfortunately we do not have maid service 24 hours a day but our front desk is always willing to do what they can to make your stay enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed the All-American breakfast buffet and found the room to be comfortable.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Had a really great stay here, we extended our one night to 2 as the national parks were closed. Glad we did as we had a really nejoyable stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable. At breakfast there was a huge choice which no one could complain about as there was something for all. We ate in the restaurant and had drinks at the bar, Dan the person was very friendly and informative. Thanks Dan for making our last night very enjoyable - we hope to come back soon

Room Tip: Could have done with a smaller pillow, other than that a perfect stay
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you Ellie May for your recent stay to the Best Western Merry Manor. I am so pleased that you found the hotel to your satisfaction and extended your stay with us. Our restaurant, Maine Table offers fresh Maine dishes at dinner and an All American breakfast in the morning. We try to offer a wide variety of items to satisfy everyone's appetite. Thank you for recognizing the great service that Dan provided at the bar. He will be happy to hear that he helped make your stay enjoyable. We hope to see you soon! Thank you for the nice review of the "Very Merry Manor!"
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Conveniently situated and easy to find. It's quite close to the interstate, but really not far into Portland itself either. The staff were all very welcoming and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would recommend it to anyone. The restaurant across the car park does a really good breakfast too.

• Stayed October 2013
The Best Western Merry Manor is conveniently located. We are just minutes away from Portland which offers many great dining and shopping options. We are also just miles away from the Maine Turnpike and I-295. This makes it easy to take day trips to Boothbay Harbor, Freeport, Kittery, or even North Conway to see the foliage this time of year. Our wonderful staff is always available to provide directions or recommendations for dinner or things to do in the area. One of the things that anyone visiting the area should plan on is a visit to the Portland Headlight that is just a 15 minute drive from the hotel. This lighthouse was commissioned by George Washington and is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the area. We appreciate your recent stay and hope you will come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
The Westin Portland Harborview
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#6 of 13 in South Portland

Been to Best Western Merry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!