“Winter Outdoor Swim.”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Winter Outdoor Swim.”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Twice each winter we drive from Providence R.I. to South Portland Maine to enjoy the indoor-outdoor heated pool, hot tub, and terrific service, including free breakfasts next door, to the Merry Manor. For eight years, the staff has been consistently warm, efficient, helpful. Extra room equipment, change of room to get best available pool view, late night cookies and early morning paper and coffee in the spacious great room in front of the check-in. They even scoured the Inn to find my missing piece of jewelry, and checked to find a favorite sweater I mistakenly left. This past week, Chelsea, Brian, Cathy, Laura, Jack, Anthony: the staff there; warm and friendly. Can't believe the feeling of being cared for. Can't believe the great price.

Room Tip: Ask for equipment in room, view of pool or of Maine woods.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you Daniel for your continued business. We love that you come twice a year to enjoy all the amenities the hotel has to offer. Your review is an excellent example of the great customer service that our staff provides to all our guests. We go above and beyond to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. It is always a pleasure having you as our guest. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed 6 December 2013

quiet space to unwind after a long day of sitting in a hospital. restaurant food for dinner was very good , our server was very knowledgeable and attentive. wished I had time to check out/ and or use the pool and spa area. it was great to be able to get a cup coffee in the lobby on my way to my room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am happy that we could provide you with a quiet, restful place to stay after sitting in a hospital all day. We hope that everything is okay with you and loved one. We hope that you will come back to enjoy the pool and hot tub during your next visit.
Elkton, Maryland
Reviewed 5 December 2013

This hotel was perfect for my stay in S Portland. The room was clean, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, and the included breakfast buffet was incredible, better than any hotel breakfast I've ever seen! They had a huge variety of breakfast foods, hot and cold, and it was all delicious. I was pleasantly surprised by the refrigerator and microwave in the room, and the tv was huge! It all made our stay very comfortable and enjoyable. This hotel is pet-friendly and that was a huge plus because my dog travels with me, and my dog had a comfortable stay as well. They have grass area to take pets to and rooms with easy access to those grass areas. This hotel is also close to anything you need, including a big mall less than a few minutes away. We were able to find any store or restaurant we needed within 5 minutes of this hotel. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. For the price, you just can't beat it. Best hotel I've stayed at in a long time, mainly due to the friendliness of the staff and how willing they are to meet your needs. If I return to Portland I will be staying here again for sure!

Room Tip: This hotel has some exterior entrance doors around the back on the bottom level (like a motel) and t...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for the glowing review! We are delighted that your needs were met and that you and your dog had a comfortable stay. We hope you will visit us again when visiting the Portland area. As you said, we are close to everything!
boston, ma
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed here recently for two nights, and found the rooms to be clean and large. The kids loved the outdoor heated pool, and the spa area was comfortable to sit in. I was with a group and the front desk associates were very helpful and accomodating when I reserved a conference room. This hotel has really easy access to the highway and shopping, as well as all that downtown Portland has to offer. It is a great location for exploring the Portland area. The only downside for me was the breakfast, which was below average. It was a very standard buffet, no fresh fruit, frozen potatoes, food not always hot. I thought given how the restaurant was new and was being billed as a restaurant specializing in local cuisine there might be a blueberry in sight. The best part about the buffet was unfortunately the toast. The waitress at the restaurant was friendly and efficient. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you and your children enjoyed the heated outdoor pool. I apologize that we did not have any blueberries in the restaurant. I will mention this and the breakfast to our restaurant manager. We appreciate the feedback and take it to improve. We hope to see you again soon!
Calais, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

At BW Merry Manor Inn, Portland Maine, you are made to feel welcome as if returning home to family. The rooms and service are what you expect when staying at a BW. The spa area and new restaurant (The Maine Table) are exceptional. Family and pet friendly, this hotel is conveniently located to all Portland area attractions.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kathy D, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Linda, it is always a pleasure having you as our guest. We want our guests to always feel at home and be treated as such. We strive for excellent customer service! I am so pleased you enjoyed the new restaurant, The Maine Table. We offer local Maine products and fresh Maine dishes. The restaurant is open for breakfast from 6:30am to 11:00am and then for dinner from 5pm to 9pm. Patrons of the restaurant can also enjoy the lounge area every night from 4pm to 12pm. Our heated indoor/outdoor pool is kept at 92 degrees all winter long! We look forward to your return visit!
Orono, Maine
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was by far the best hotel stay I have had in YEARS, and my many kudos to the awesome staff who made it happen! My fiancee and I were in town just for a weekend and booked the Lake Lodge suite, and it was absolutely amazing..awesome service, friendly staff, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: The Lake Lodge suite...one awesome stay
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Brian for your recent stay with us in the Maine Lake Lodge Luxury Suite. This is one of our guests' favorite themed suites. I am so glad that you and your fiancée enjoyed the room. As you know it has the fireplace, Jacuzzi tub, massage chair, and California King bed. Not to mention you feel like you are in a log cabin. Sorry we couldn't have provided you with a snowy night so you could have felt like you where in the mountains. We hope you will make the Merry Manor Inn a part of your life as you start out.
Da Nang
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This Inn is comfortable, clean, and affordable with a pleasant staff and a great breakfast buffet. It is an excellent choice close to Portland and convenient to all highways. My wife and I have stayed there twice and will go back again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable once again. The All-American breakfast buffet is a great way to start your day, with scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage and bacon and much more! We are easily accessible to the major highways and shopping areas, as well as the Cumberland Civic Center and Portland Expo. Many guests stay with us when going to a concert at the State Theater in Portland, out for a girls' night, or a Bachelor party! We are just a quick cab ride into the city. We look forward to your return visit with us. Thank you for your continued business and loyalty to our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Comfort Inn Airport
Comfort Inn Airport
#7 of 13 in South Portland
Fireside Inn & Suites Portland

Been to Best Western Merry Manor Inn? Share your experiences!