“Love the tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Phone 207-767-9055
Description: Phone 207-767-9055
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Okay, so I've read a lot of reviews that say that "for Portland" these are good tacos. I've lived all over the country and eaten some amazing tacos, and these are right up there with the best of them.

The carne asada, pork, and fish tacos are all amazingly flavorful, as are the quesadillas. I also would put the guacamole up against any fresh quac I've ever eaten. The salsa bar is an excellent idea as there are tons of different kinds and they are rarely available in restaurants. We are only here for a week but plan on going back to try the burrittos and other items before we leave.

I have lived in several cities and been to many border towns and this is as good as any I've tasted. Really good Mexican food.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My son and I stopped by for lunch, a first time visit for both of us. He had 3 tacos and I had 3 quesadillas. We both found the food to be very good. He really enjoyed the chorizo taco. I had veggie quesadillas that were nicely fried. Great that they have some vegetarian options. Also have a good selection of Mexican beers and sodas as well as juices. And you can get a Margarita or a Mojito. Desserts are cake or flan. For me, the only thing missing was either some Mexican hot coffee or hot chocolate. I would have been more inclined to stick around and have some dessert. Although, during this very busy lunch time, they probably prefer we didn't linger! There was a steady stream of customers and a full house the entire time we were there.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

Batter fried fresh fish, a delicious lime/sour cream sauce (I think), with mango salsa and or pineapple salsa as sides... TASTY!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Okay, so I thought I would not spend the time writing about a place that was awful but I'm really missing Mexican food and realize there is just no place in Maine to get some good authentic food. How Taco Trio can make literally a mess out of a burrito is beyond me. I ordered a black bean chicken burrito and was given something so tasteless and disgusting. The burrito was wrapped tight but seemed a bit liquidy. I opened up the burrito and a lot of tasteless black bean liquid piled out. Few beans, which were tasteless as was the chicken. Until a good Mexican restaurant opens up in Portland we'll be eating at Chipotle (the only fast food we do). Their burritos are tasty if a little small. Just don't waste your time or money at Taco Trio!

4  Thank travelloveto
Reviewed 8 November 2013

If you are looking for flavor over atmosphere - Taco Trio is the place!!!
Their authentic food and flavors are far superior to anything in Portland!!
One does not go to Taco Trio for the atmosphere, one goes to Taco Trio for the FLAVOR!!!
Slammin steak, wicked goat, amazing chips, unbelievable salsa, all the flavors are WELL WORTH THE VISIT. You will NOT be disappointed!!! BEST IN THE PORTLAND AREA!!!!!
If you are looking for legit mexican flavor - this is the place!!!!!