“Discovering Delicious in SOPO”
Review of Little Bigs

Little Bigs
Ranked #2 of 10 Dessert in South Portland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Facebook photos lured me to this wonderful, cozy, just a bit off the beaten path patisserie. Delicate puff pastry, sugary donuts, handcrafted meat and non meat turnover pies,
wafts of flour floating by, air smitten with oven aromas, and you know you have arrived.
When I lived in LA (as in CA) I always cherished my little food discoveries far and away from the Hollywood glitz, in darkened alleys behind warehouses abandoned in yesteryear--and now venturing toward this unsuspecting 3 store strip mall at a busy intersection across from a Dairy Queen, there may not be the history of Hollywood's bygone days, but there is definitely charm and intrigue. Pamela and James didn't just wake up one day and decide to become bakers, they have been at this a long time. Once you see, once you taste, you'll understand! Take out only--with two tables outside. Good local coffee.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My husband and I get our own savory hand pie and then share so we can enjoy more flavors!
I can't decide which I like more the savory hand pies or the sweet treats. The owners are very friendly and professional. We highly recommend this local eatery.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

EverythinG AbOut This Place Is Amazing! The Potato Crust Egg Pies Are So Delicious And The Almond Custard DOughnut Is The Best Thing Ever! On Top Of That, The Prices Are Great And The Owners Are Incredibly Nice. This Is A Must Visit In Portland!

1  Thank Ella N
Reviewed 7 November 2013

OMG!! Run, don't walk, to get your fresh and delicious hand pies! Flaky crusts and awesome flavors. Everything combines so perfectly, you'll want more than one. I did see desserts that looked sinful and delicious, didn't have any so I suppose a return trip is in the cards. Please support this local business as there is nothing else like it in the area. You will not be sorry. And the prices? No better deal in town!!!

1  Thank Geri Lynn S
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Really, really, really delicious. Fabulous cake doughnuts - a nice crunch on the outside. Super tender inside. Great flavors. Love the "no hole" concept. Crullers are delicious as are the breakfast savory "tarts". You will never waste the calories on a doughnut from a chain store ever again. Absolutely not to be missed when in Portland. Some of the finest baked goods we've ever had - on any trip - anywhere. Certainly the best doughnuts in the greater Portland area . . . and we've made a point to try them all!

1  Thank HDMM