Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$118
US$78
Hampton Inn Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$107
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$98
Econo Lodge Maine Mall(South Portland)
US$71
Quality Inn & Suites(South Portland)
US$87
Best Western Merry Manor Inn(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$132
US$78
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$119
Tru by Hilton Portland Airport Area(South Portland)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel restaurantthe general managerold portbusiness parkclose to the airportvery nice hotelfirst floorfitness centerking bedbit datedminute driveconvenient locationcookiesindoor poolpalmer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

As a platinum member of Marriott I spend many nights a year in their properties, each which usually leave me with something to be desired. This property however left me happy every single day.

It's usually about the little things that the hotel does right, but property did everything right. Upon my arrival I had an extremely easy checkin using mobile checkin. My cards were ready for me and I had a simple checkin.

Went up to my room and usually this is where most hotels start to go wrong, but my room was perfect. I was given a room on the concierge level and it was clean, nice size bathroom, really nice bedding and pillows. A super nice alarm clock that allowed me to dock my device to it as well.

I went downstairs because I had to do some laundry and got change for the machines. Brandon was able to get me change for the machines and informed me that they had laundry detergent for free to use back there. What a nice accommodation of having something that every hotel charges for there just to be used without charge.

Afternoon snacks were provided to everyone in the hotel (Fruit and Cookies). This was completely separate from the concierge access which had another nice assortment of food to select from. Let me just say that the staff Bill and Debby in the concierge lounge seemed to always be running around wanting to make your stay a little better. They even offered guests in the lounge a complimentary drink which was a really nice perks.

The next day it snowed and by the time I had woken up my rental SUV had already been cleared of snow and when they saw me walking out they made sure to dig around the car so that I wouldn't step in snow getting into the vehicle. I've once again never have seen another hotel do this for the guests and was another great experience.

Now the kicker came on the last day when I went to checkout. I had to checkout early because my flight had been cancelled and decided that I would take the drive home instead of staying an additional night. I spoke to the front desk and checked out of the 3 rooms I had. It was already 8pm so we have already been using our rooms for the day, and they had already been made up, but they allowed us to check out early charging only a modest fee for the day and not charge me the full price. I'm not sure that if it was my hotel I wouldn't have charged the full price for the 3 rooms, but that was one heck of a nice gesture and really appreciated.

I had told Ed the GM one day that I didn't get it and why their property happened to be my favorite Marriott to date and asked him how he does it. He said the answer was simple, he surrounds himself with great people.

I will make sure to communicate with all of my coworkers, friends and family that when staying in the area they need to stay here. They have forever earned my business.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael J
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Michael J, You are so kind and gratuitous with your comments to TripAdvisor. We are very thankful that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. This is always our goal and it is so nice to share comments such as yours with our staff. We have had a lot of opportunities to clear snow off cars this winter and it is so rewarding when we hear that guests are so appreciative of this service. The staff that actually does the snow clearing are all managers as the line associates need to be in taking care of the regular duties. Thank you for recommending our property to your friends and colleagues we will do our very best to satisfy all their travel needs. Hope to see you back soon. Best regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This is an excellent full service Marriott. The hotel is very clean all around, the staff is professional and helpful, the concierge level is excellent, and the location is perfect for business travel or family fun in Maine. The room service was quick and very nice, the food was average on room service. I also had breakfast in the restaurant the next morning which was very good. I did not use the pool but I did use the exercise room which is small but all the machines were working perfectly and it was clean. I will most definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

hmillea, Thank you for taking the time to respond to TripAdvsor in reference to your stay here at Sable Oaks. The feedback is crucial in understanding what our guests expect, like and perhaps would like to see changed. We understand that it is far easier to retain our guests than to find new ones. We are very pleased to hear that you will most definitely return to visit us at this property. We will be excited to see you again. Please return soon. Best regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed 6 February 2014

We held our 2014 Convocation and Alumni Annual Banquet at the Sable Oaks Marriott, and had a wonderful time. The facility was well run and maintained, service was excellent, and responsiveness of the event staff was outstanding. Special requests were handled promptly and cheerfully. Planning went smoothly and all possibilities were considered and handled well. Thanks for a great event, Sable Oaks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Sue S, We are very happy to hear that your 2014 Convocation and Alumni Banquet was such a great success. We are glad that we played a role in that success. It is always nice to be able to share with our staff great comments such as yours. They are very motivational as this is a challenging profession. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will consider our property again in the future for you hospitality needs. Best regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

I was up for work and I found the staff very professional and helpful. The room was comfortable and quiet. I will be stating here again.

And now I am required to write more- disregard from here on I am just filling up the 200 word minimum which is dumb.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

147 Adventure, Thank you for your kind words for our property. We are very fortunate to have a great hotel operated by great associates. It is easy to have a nice building but without great people to operate it you are lost. We are very happy to see that you will be returning. As it is said, the ultimate in compliment is a return visit. See you soon, Ed Palmer

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I did not stay overnight at this location, but did attend an event in the ballrooms on the premises (and have attended multiple events here over the years). The food and service are always top-notch for this level hotel brand. The kindness and friendliness of their staff truly shine. I would definitely consider for a future event.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Lizzymcboo, Thank you so much for your praise of our banquet facility and function staff. We are very proud of the product and service that this property offers to our guests. We are very fortunate to have a staff that enjoys serving our guests and even more enjoys working here at Sable Oaks. We hope you will return to see us often and next time we would love to host you overnight. It's easy to just take the elevator home. Best regards, Ed Palmer