All reviewsthe concierge loungefront deskhotel restaurantthe general managerbusiness parkold portclose to the airportbreakfast buffetbit datedminute driveconvenient locationcookiesindoor poolpalmerportlandmallconference
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very nice hotel in a great location. Rooms are bright and well appointed. Ten minutes from "Old Portland". Very close to the Jetway, shopping and too many restaurants to list.
Staff is always courteous, helpful and very professional.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank William C
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed in room 501 for one night. Two (super small) double beds, lots of natural light, good desk space and plenty of outlets. Very close to airport and Maine Mall.

Check-in was easy and friendly and all the staff I encountered were friendly. Had dinner in the restaurant - good service and decent food. Had room service - pre-ordered the night before - and it arrived exactly on time.

Self-parking was easy. No bellman in evidence.

Free wi-fi, always appreciated.

Not much in the way of amenities - no robe or slippers, toiletries so-so. The bedding was good but the comforter was v. light and not enough keep me comfortably warm (no extra bedding in room).

All in all a decent business hotel if the price is right.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MaineIzzy
Laurie H, Executive Housekeeper at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

MaineIzzy, we appreciate your feedback on your stay here at the Marriott Sable Oaks. I am sorry to hear that your stay overall was not what you expected. We do offer robes in our rooms on the 6th floor Concierge level but always have on hand for guest upon request. Also, I would like to apologize that your were not warm enough. I would like to add these request to your profile to ensure that on your future stays with us all these items will be in your guest room upon arrival. If this is something you would like, you can contact me at lhamann@marriott-sableoaks with your name so that I can create the profile for you. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Laurie Hamann|Executive Housekeeper
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks|200 Sable Oaks Drive, South Portland, ME 04106
p 207.871.8000|f 207.871.7971|e lhamann@marriott-sableoaks.com

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My family and I have stayed at this hotel for about ten years now, as it about midway to our eventual goal of Prince Edward Island
The meals were to be expected for a property such as this. Dinners were the traditional Marriott staples. Breakfasts were a disappointment. Wait staff are generally average.
The property is convenient to many fine restaurants, and we recommend you try them,
Desk staff are a plus, Rooms are clean, save for one instance three years ago when we checked in to soiled bed linens.

Security is good on property.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Professor Earl H
Chris M, Food and Beverage Manager/Executive Chef at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Professor Earl,

I see you were not happy with our menu selections and our breakfast program. We consistently strive to not just meet but to exceed our guest’s expectations, and I was hoping you could give us some specific information in these areas so we may better ourselves. Please feel free to contact me, especially in person, if you decide to stay with us in the future.

Sincerely, Chris

Chris Merriam, C.E.C.
Food and Beverage Manager/Executive Chef
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
207-871-8000 ext.6041
voice mail ext. 6055

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Well, it wasn't a usual Marriott experience. The room was tidy, but not super clean. When asked for an extra blanket, since there wasn't one in the room, I was delivered a ancient, ratty blanket with holes in it. (I should have taken a picture) When I called down to kindly explain they were nice enough and brought a different blanket, however nothing was done above and beyond. The room service food, however was very good. So not the best experience in a Marriott, as is my usual favorite.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gh_meg
Ed_Palmer, General Manager at Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

gh_meg, On behalf of the staff and management of the Sable Oaks Marriott I would like to express my sincere apology for the delivery of an unacceptable blanket. There is absolutely no reason to have done this as we have many brand new blankets. We have addressed this situation with our associate to assure that it never occurs again for any of our future guests. We hope this incident will not cause you to not consider our location again in the future. It is our goal to not only meet our guests expectations but to exceed them. Please feel free to reach out to me here at our property if I may be of assistance in your future travels. I can be reach at ed.palmer@mariott.com. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to address your concerns. Regards, Ed Palmer

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Rooms were small, but adequate. I had a tough time trying to find place for the ironing table.
Bed was comfortable. Good Gym and Pool.
I had breakfast and the buffet was well stocked and good quality.
Service at front desk from check-in did not give me any kind of welcome.
I know I am only Gold with Marriott, but I expected better even without any status.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business