“Will come again”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The staff were great. The business lounge is worth the upgrade. Wifi is not great, and slight odor in room before a/c was on (nothing major...). It may have just been from the unusually warm and humid air for the time of year. I will definitely come again

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for choosing our property while you were in Portland, Maine. It looks like you spent your anniversary with us, so I'd like to also say Happy Anniversary!
I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to the staff. I will also make sure that we look into the issues with the HVAC in your room. It could be something that is a correctable issue.
Thank you again for choosing our property.

All the best,

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel had excellent service and rooms. We stayed another night later in the week just because it was hard to compete. I was in Portland, Maine just for vacation and this hotel helped with the overall experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with our property during your vacation to Maine. I'm very happy to hear that your stay was a pleasant one, and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff. Maine is always an excellent spot for vacation, so I look forward to seeing you again someday soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were a spur of the moment overnight stay and at the Doubletree Portland. Our room was good and quite clean. The amenities were fine and we found we were quite happy with our decision. The location was close to many restaurants and shopping. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hema05
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our property after your most recent visit. I'm happy to hear that your spur of the moment decision to stay, had you stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff.

All the best,

Reviewed 6 November 2013

I was looking for a place to spend the night after being at a meeting all day. My daughter and I chose this for the unique shape of the building. Wonderful stay. The room was clean and quiet. It was a good choice and would stay here again. Conveniently located to the Maine Mall too. :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm happy to hear that your search for a hotel in Portland ended with us! Thank you for choosing to stay with our property. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our staff and please think of us again the next time you are in the area!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I had a king size room on the 8th (Hilton Honors) floor. I found the staff to be friendly and efficient. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I was given access to the executive lounge which had appetizers and drinks during happy hour and sodas, coffee and snacks available at other times. This was handy and a nice surprise. The room was clean, contemporary and large, although the bathroom was a bit tight. The room had a fridge and microwave, which I was not expecting. The location was convenient, close to the Maine Mall and a multitude of restaurants. It was also close to the freeways and a quick drive to downtown.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing our property during your visit to Portland, Maine. I appreciate you taking the time to evaluate our property, and I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our Executive lounge certainly sets us apart from the competition in the area, so please think of us again the next time you are in Portland.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The hotel was nice, staff members were very pleasant. The construction on site made the experience the absolute worst. They were working first thing in the morning and not only was it extremely noisy. The entire bed shook every time they dug in the ground. This made my business trip extremely uncomfortable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing our hotel for business while you were in Portland, Maine. Obviously the feedback that you shared is of great concern to me, and I will be passing it along to our owner. While construction to our parking lot and the surrounding area should be finished soon, the last thing that our hotel wants is for it to interrupt our guests. I truly apologize for this. I hope to see you for another business trip someday in the near future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This hotel was a very good place to attend a conference. It was easy to move around an attend differ classes. The food was the best in the area. The room are somewhat older but very clean. All in all I would be happy to attend the same conference next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lawrence E

Thank you for your feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our management team, and give special "kudos" to our chef.

We hope to see you back again for your next conference!

Best,

Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
#4 of 13 in South Portland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!