DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed 7 February 2014

The room was so hot I couldn't sleep The bed was so bad and they charge you for Internet I paid $138.00 night I feel you should have fee Internet You couldn't turn the heat down the heater run all night

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

I'd like to apologize for the experience that you had at our property. It always troubles me to see when our guest experience was not what I expect from our property. For that I would like to apologize. I would also like to inform you that our internet is complimentary. When you log onto your computer you selected the turbo speed internet, which is an additional cost of $5.95. That is typically needed for someone who is downloading large files, or streaming movies. Our basic internet is complimentary which was the option just above what you chose.

I hope you do think of our hotel in the future. The conference that you were here with seemed to be a success, and I hope you give us another opportunity. If there is anything else that I can do for you now, or in the future, please don't hesitate to ask.

Rooms Division Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Was required to stay in Portland due to early flight departure and found this place purely by accident. Was pleasantly surprised at how nice the hotel was and even more pleasantly surprised at how nice the staff was. They made me feel like I was a family member.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that things worked out well and you discovered our property. Personalized guest service is very important to our hotel; we truly do want our guests to feel at home when they are with us. I hope that you decide to stay with us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff are very friendly & accommodating - there are almost like family - know my likes & dislikes. Extra special people!!!!! The rooms are always spotless & comforting. The food in the restaurant is excellent. Could not ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel during your trip to the Portland area. I'm happy to hear that the staff makes you feel like part of the family, that certainly is our goal! I'm hopeful that there aren't too many of the family members that you don't like to be around, just the ones that you do! Thank you for taking the time to share this as well. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire team.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

The staff of this hotel were among the most generous I've exeperienced in years. We were on vacation to visit our latest grandchild and they accommodated us at a level above our expectations on a daily basis. The rooms are not new, but the they are well maintained and very clean and orderly. The furniture was fine. The bed was comfortable and very clean. The Executive Lounge was a very nice benefit of being a Hilton Honors member at this hotel. The breakfasts and evening food served was the best quality I've found in lounges throughout the country. I'd gladly stay here anytime I'm in Portland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your most recent visit to our property. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and that our staff provided you the exceptional service that we strive for! I certainly will share the feedback with our team. Thank you again for choosing our property. I look forward to seeing you again someday soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hotel is undergoing a renovation but you wouldn't know that when you were inside. The check desk team was impressive and eager to help during a wedding I was here for. Additionally the food was excellent in the restaurant, room service and at the reception. Mike from Banquets was impressive in how he handled the event.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share some of your feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I'm happy to hear that everything was successful with the wedding that you were attending. Our goal is to provide top notch customer service in every area, and it sounds like we achieved it! I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the staff, especially Mike from banquets.

All the best,

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We stay here occassonally for a night away. Rooms are very, very nice, great location and very restful! Lookng forward to comng back. Only negative, currently parking lot under construction, save some grief use the smaller tower entry for access.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for continuing to choose our property as your home away from home while you are in the Portland area. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was.

As with any renovation, there is no perfect time to complete the work. Our goal is to have the parking area fresh and complete for the spring time. I hope that when it is all complete you will think of us again the next time that you are in the area, so that you can see the finished product.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed here for one night on our return trip from Florida to Canada. It was booked by our tour group leader. This hotel is dated and is in need of some renovations to modernize and update the rooms. Beds were ok, but furniture has seen better days. It wouldn't be my first choice of hotels during our next trip to Portland, Maine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I appreciate you evaluating our hotel to let us know what you our valued guest feels that we can improve on.

As you may have noticed from your recent visit our property is continuously updating and trying to improve, at the moment our hotel is working on the exterior of the property, and there are future plans for all of our guest rooms.

Please think of us again the next time you are in the Portland area. I look forward to seeing you someday soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
Courtyard Portland Airport
#4 of 13 in South Portland

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!