DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks(South Portland)
View Hotel
Courtyard Portland Airport(South Portland)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Maine Mall(South Portland)
View Hotel
Comfort Inn Airport(South Portland)
1,033 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungecookiesmall across the streetcracker barrelparking lotfront desk staffbusiness tripstaff was friendlyupon checkfitness centerindoor poolnice stayold portclose to the airportportlandchipotle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2014

It was an overall great experience the staff is WONDERFUL and the hotel is so clean they offer amazing packages and GREAT room service and breakfast. Your room and the amenities and view are absolutely stunning i would GLADLY go back there again and again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for staying with our property during your trip to Portland, Maine. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit while you were at the property. Feel free to reach out to me directly the next time you are in the area!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 February 2014

The staff is great rooms are clean and comfortable. We were across from ice machine. It was very noisy. They should put something in front of the machine to absorb the noise. Otherwise had a good time. We have stayed at this hotel for many years. Its great if you are in town for shopping and is close to airport. Has some restaurants next to hotel in walking distance.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with our property while you are in the Portland area. It is very nice to hear that you continue to stay with us and that you enjoy our service and amenities! I will be sure to pass along all of your feedback to our management team. Please visit us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Overall the experience was very good. Heating system was better this year than in years past when it was constantly shutting on and off for no apparent reason. Room rate could have been better with such a large group of people attending the conference.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your most recent visit to our property. I'm happy to hear that overall the conference was a success; we certainly love to have your group every February! I will be sure to pass along all of your feedback to our management team as well. We will certainly review our rate structure for next year’s event!

All the best,

Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I wanted to enjoy valentines day at The hilton doubletree in south portland maine. Check in was fine(no warm cookie). The room seemed great, the valentine wine and strawberries were ok. We ate dinner at the in house restaurant, the meal was mediocre. After relaxing for a while in our room we went to the pool which was messy and cold, the water and the pool room( wet towels every where and some construction debris). We left the pool to take a hot shower in our "executive" room to find mold on the shower tiles and the drain plugged( ankle deep water in tub). We ordered cake from room service because my room key card would not open the executive lounge where we should have been able to get snacks and drinks. In the morning we got our complimentary breakfast(card left in room to put on door knob for room service, part of the valentine package) only to find that the $53.00 breakfast was not part of the package if ordered in room. Did not shower or take advantage of the late check out(part of the package). On checking out the clerk said they would not bill me for breakfast and that they could have fixed the shower drain( like we wanted a plumber to join us in our executive room for valentines day). When I checked in I paid with a credit card and paid for meals with a different card. The room was billed and is on hold with the first card($182.52), the second card was also billed for the room and meals($315.04). Four days later I still have both charges pending and have $497.56 tied up for what has become a terrible experience at this hotel. I really expected more from the Hilton Brand.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with our property during Valentine’s Day weekend. I can't express enough my sincere apologies for the experience that you had. I will be passing along your entire feedback to our management team, so that we can improve upon the things that you mentioned.
To follow up on a few things, I did want to add:
Breakfast is included in the package that you received. In fact you received breakfast coupons with the package. On our breakfast coupons it does state that they are valid for the restaurant only. When you decided to get room service, it was charged to the bill. In good faith the hotel did adjust off this charge, even though the coupons stated what they are valid for.

It is truly unfortunate what happened with your shower. The desk agent was only mentioning that we have the ability to fix things, when we know about them. There are times where things get missed, but we want to react to them well. In the future, even when you leave the guest room you can let us know what the issue is and we will resolve it!

Lastly, when you arrived you gave us a card that you originally wanted to use. Upon check in, when a card is given it will authorize for room and tax. When you check out and give us a different credit card, it charges your card at that time. The authorization (or pending transaction) will still stay on the original credit card you provided. Your bank releases this back to your card, but there is a period of time before this happens.

I do appreciate you staying with us and sharing your concerns. I truly hope that with everything clearer, you may decide to stay with us again.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Have stayed 4 times on business, and each stay has been very good. The front desk staff were great, the food staff were very good. On the down side, the room temp was very hard to control, it was either too warm or to cool. Overall, still a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Having the Maine Mall across the street was very helpful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Portland, Me, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your loyalty to our property. I'm very happy that overall your stays have gone well, and I will be sure to pass along your feedback to our entire team. I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you had with your heating unit though, we are working on all of our HVAC units, and in fact we just ordered new ones to put in some of our guestrooms!
Thank you again for staying with us. I look forward to you staying again in the future.

All the Best,