“Hotel is average” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in South Portland
Portland, United States
“Hotel is average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Due to the age of the hotel it needs some upgrades. I have to say the bed was very comfortable!! The service was very good and friendly! The location is good, lots to do around within walking distance if you like to cross 4 lanes of traffic. I would recommend a stay there, just also recommend they do some upgrades in the rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your thoughts from your recent visit to our property. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think went well, and more importantly what we can improve on.

As you may have noticed while you were here, we are in the midst of doing a lot of our exterior renovations (to the parking lot and to the landscaping). This is work that we have planned to be completed very soon, and once completed we will be looking at doing more renovations to our guest rooms.

While the age of the building is something that will never change, we are always committed to improving! I thank you for choosing to stay with our property and look forward to seeing you again someday soon!

Rooms Division Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Perkasie, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I decided to get away for the weekend and stayed at the hotel. We had a wonderful experience at the hotel along with exploring the Portland, ME area. We will definitely be back once the weather gets warmer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us during your weekend away! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the get-away and that you'll be returning to see us soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly during your next visit.

Medford, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed on the top floor and they were having elevator issues the one night I was there. Walking up 8 flights of stairs with luggage wasn't ideal. The "flusher" to my toilet also somehow stopped working during my one night stay. Having to leave and use a public restroom in the middle of the night also is not ideal.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nick S, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with our property during your visit to the Portland area. While it is difficult to hear that your stay wasn't entirely pleasant, I appreciate you letting me know what happened, so it can be addressed in the future.

I truly apologize for the issues that arose. I can understand your frustrations, certainly not the impression that our hotel wants to leave. Please feel free to call me directly to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Lamoine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great staff, they were all very helpful and their appearance was professional. In all a very clean place to stay even with the construction going on outside. Everything to do with the conference including seating, meals and hospitality were top notch.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your most recent visit to our property. I will be certain to share your thoughts with our management team during our upcoming meeting. While the parking lot construction is going on now, we hope to be finished very soon! Please come see us again.

Warm Regards,

manchester, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

If you want a happy day with family ruined by a poor attitude and substandard service, please visit Noe at the bar at Double Tree. The food is overpriced but not all that bad, there are many other reasonable places to eat in the vicinity of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for choosing to stay with our hotel. I can't apologize enough for the lack of service you received from our bar. I would like to let you know that this is not a reflection of what our hotel is or what our hotel wants to be. I assure you that this is and will be getting addressed by our Food and Beverage Manager.

Thank you again for staying with us. Please think of our hotel again soon.

miami, fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The property is very clean and centrally located however all things in Portland Maine are centrally located. This is a very small town with the nicest people I have even consistently been around. you can literally get around a full day between downtown and the airport and never get your rental off of full.

Check In: So there was a nice check in girl and a night manager (female) and we asked where is a good place to get seafood? easy question right, I mean we are in Maine. The check in girl looked like i had just asked her for the lottery numbers and the manager looked just as confused. She went on to say she really doesn't eat seafood and the manager quickly took another customer? I was confused to say the least but left the front desk with nothing, nada.....

Rooms: Though clean they are dated and the bathrooms are not kept up by housekeeping, notice the photos of there being no tissues but a sign saying if I left anything to just ask! well how about filling the tissues, then notice the toilet paper sitting on top of the toilet bowl. Really customers not only don't want to see that, but they shouldn't either. I had just checked in and there could have been a new one on, I cant imagine house keeping missed that. Hide the new one under the sink area so it is available but not the first thing you see.

All in all they are doing construction everywhere around the hotel so view is non existent but i was there for 1 night business only so did not matter to me. I will say this is the 3rd time I have booked on priceline while traveling and I have always seemed to get a room with NO view, I mean a room that is reserved for "special customers" the ones using priceline.

I was able to secure this room for $51 on priceline, FYI.

Finally the breakfast and restaurant. they offer a pretty decent buffet for around 12$ however i only wanted oatmeal, toast and coffee $11, so basically order the buffet because you can also get a cooked omelet and or eggs instead of the scrambled at the buffet.

Room Tip: Priceline will get you a horrible view, Maybe
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I'd like to start by thanking you for choosing to stay with our hotel while you are in Portland, Maine. You're right that this is a small town with a lot of places to stay, and I certainly appreciate you choosing our hotel.

I also appreciate your detailed feedback which will help me directly in training our staff to get better. I will be sharing your feedback with our Housekeeping Manager and our front office staff.

I'd also like to add that we certainly don't reflect our room types or views associated with what booking method you use. The only difference between using a site such as Priceline is that they do not guarantee room type, so you typically would get whatever room type the hotel has available. If you want to guarantee a particular room type, you would need to book the reservation through the hotel directly.

Thank you again for your continued loyalty to our property. Please continue to think of us when you are in the Portland area.

University Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I were here for a few nights last week-this used to be a Wyndam Hotel and Hilton has done a lot to upgrade the rooms. We have been several times and our room was always clean-customer service polite and willing to help at any time. It was somewhat disconcerting to discover that the beautiful footbridge and gardens were gone. The entire front area outside is being torn up and slippery ice was a concern-we are not kids anymore and don't enjoy the sensation of carrying luggage and worrying about falling. I am sure once the front area is renovated this will no longer be a problem. We have stayed here many times and always get an executive level room to ensure peace and quiet. Worth the extra money and the perks!

Room Tip: Best time to go is mid week-fewer people and the many stores in Portland and Maine Mall are not as c...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your continued loyalty to our property. I'm happy to hear that while you are in the Portland area, you choose us!

Our parking lot and landscaping is being worked on in the next week. Once complete, we will have a brand new curb side appeal. Please make sure to visit us soon to see the completed product!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Portland
Portland Marriott at Sable Oaks
#4 of 12 in South Portland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Portland
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Portland? Share your experiences!