-Convenient location. The hotel is near everything but off the main road therefore away from traffic noise. South Portland is a great place to stay for those who don't want to pay the exorbitant hotel rates of downtown Portland.
-Quick, easy check-in with friendly and efficient staff.
-Well-equipped room with refrigerator, coffee maker, plates, silverware, lots of pillows and towels.
-Tote bag with snacks and water included. (We were unclear if it was free at first but clarified with reception.)
-They fulfilled my IHG rewards account request for a room on a high floor away from the elevator. However, it was right across the hall from the ice machine which was noisy but it didn’t keep me awake or anything.
-Breakfast, which was included in our stay, ends at 9:30. I'm a late riser but that just seems unnecessarily early, especially on the weekend. As a result, we missed it.
-The room had some design flaws. The sink was outside of the shower/toilet room. That's fine, but as a result the shower room was quite small. Also, since there was a living room and bedroom separated by a half wall they put the TV in the middle between the two, so no one has a good angle to view the screen. The TV does not swivel and you have to move the whole thing.
-We didn't watch much TV anyway because it took several seconds to switch from one channel to the next. This may seem minor but is pretty annoying over time when you do not have a TV guide and must flip through the channels.
-There was a mildew stain on the tile grout just outside the shower. Some bleach and a scrub brush could fix that.
-For most of our stay (2 nights) there was a housekeeping trolley parked in the vending/ice machine room. It blocked the vending machine almost entirely. It seemed a little careless and inconsiderate.
Anyway, not a terrible stay, not a great stay, just o.k.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express South Portland Hotel at Sable Oaks. Renovated in June of 2006, we are updated to provide you with the best service!Hotel features include free local phone calls, free wireless Internet, pool and fitness center, and a complimentary Express Start Continental breakfast. Enjoy a unique breakfast experience at our new Express Start breakfast bar served every morning featuring a selection of fruits, juices, cereals, breads/pastries, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. Recently we've introduced hot items such as sausage and eggs! We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Located conveniently next to the Maine Mall and only a short distance from the Freeport and Kittery outlet malls, the South Portland Holiday Inn Express is a great place to stay while you shop. Just two miles away from the Portland Jetport, our free shuttle will be there to pick you up and bring you directly to the hotel. Visit South Portland, Maine, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites South Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites South Portland
- Holiday Inn Express South Portland
- Holiday Inn South Portland
- South Portland Holiday Inn