“I like Brandon and Laura's”

Brandon & Laura's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: 207-244-5551 Serve Breakfast and Lunch from 6am-2pm
Description: 207-244-5551 Serve Breakfast and Lunch from 6am-2pm
Reviewed 6 July 2012

If you come here with a negative attitude or expecting lace table cloths of course your going to be disappointed. It is a small family run place. The food is homemade.The prices are very reasonable, that is one of the reasons the locals go there. Our family has vacationed in Southwest Harbor for the entire month of July for the last 7 years. During that time we have dined at just about every restaurant in Southwest Harbor. Brandon & Laura offer tasty specials each day. The walls are decorated with various plaques and items with funny and amusing quotes. Some of them laugh out loud funny. If you like to get your day started early it is one of the earliest opening restaurants in town. It is my experience that Brandon and Laura are hard working conscientiousness owners who offer good value. It is why I keep going back.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stopped in here for a quick breakfast. Heard this was a place where locals go so I expected an authentic Downeast Maine experience. Well, certainly had so locals there, but not the experience I was expected. I really felt like an outsider who intruding on someone else's family dinner. It was quite uncomfortable. Almost felt like i was stared at when walked in and immediately identified as an outsider.
Service was pretty laid back, as the place was not busy I expected quick service, but I think the servers knew the locals and were involved in the conversation. I ordered cinnamon toast and coffee. Toast was good, coffee was not. Pricing was low, so that was good, but I won't go back here.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We have breakfast at Brandon and Laura's Cafe quite often. Everything is always fresh, the home fries are about the best around. There is a choice of homemade breads, and the Anadama is exceptionally good. It makes excellent French Toast. The blueberry pancakes are large, rich and filling, if a big too thick now and then. The service is very, very pleasant. No matter how crowded with locals the cafe is, we never wait very long for our food. Highly recommend for breakfast. We've had lunch only a few times there. The fried clams are about the best in the area that we have had.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

The food here was great but horribly over priced. Got a cheeseburger for $6.99 and my wife got two little sliders for $3.99. The price of the sliders wasn't bad but on the menu it said to add $1.00 extra for onion rings so we did. We were charged $1.99 extra per onion rings. Not to mention $2.50 for a little glass of soda. When confronted about the pricing we were told it was right. The worse part was we sat there for 20 minutes before Laura (one of the owners) got around to taking our order while several groups of locals walked in after us and got their orders taken and got their food before we were ever helped. So they cater more to locals than out of towners. Horrible business sense. Will never eat there again and don't recommend anyone else to either. Will go to Jordan's in Bar Harbor next time.

2  Thank navylawdog
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Homemade is the best way to describe this family owned diner! From the homemade cinnamon bread french toast for breakfast, to the stuffed haddock platter for lunch; this is our new favorite place. Brandon and Laura treat you like family. I even received a delicious custom birthday cake when I had my birthday while on vacation here! It was delish!