“Don't Ask for a Toasted Bagel!”

Milagro Coffee & Espresso
Crozet, Virginia
“Don't Ask for a Toasted Bagel!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Cinnamon rolls were fantastic; atmosphere was pleasant; the lattes were delicious, and the bagels looked awesome, but I did not get a chance to try one. Note: they do not toast their bagels before 10 am because they are too fresh.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Katrien V

York, Maine
“Cute little coffee place - friendly!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our early morning trip to Milagro (miracle) coffee place was surprising and nice.
Tight quarters when ordering, but plenty of space to enjoy our delicious ice coffee and gluten free treats and bagels. The bagels are homemade and the perfect healthy size. It is such a treat for my husband to know he can have a morning treat that is gluten free. There are a few outdoor chairs to sit in and watch the hub bub. Conveinently located a short distance from downtown SW Harbor. We were staying in a rental in SW and could cook breakfast at home, but decided on 2 mornings that we wanted that delicious ice coffee, muffins, cinnamon rolls etc. Enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
“response to owner re: "not good for breakfast...just coffee"”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I certainly did not miss the appeal of Mt. Desert Island and quite appreciate the quaint restaurants and shops that take pride in featuring fresh, local delights! In fact, I sought out Milagro Coffee looking for precisely that...a quaint coffee shop and bakery. I often go to trip advisor for restaurant recommendations and we found many amazing eateries on MDI using this site.

Unfortunately for us, this particular morning you did not have the selection which you stated in your response. Perhaps you were just out of many of your specialties, but for us, that is all we got to experience on our one trip to your shop. Also, unfortunately for us, we did not get a delicious blueberry muffin loaded with blueberries. Ours was dry with very few berries.

The breakfast burrito was clearly not a specialty of yours (as you said, your kitchen is 5X5) and I would not have ordered it myself, but that is what my husband wanted. While it did come on a 12 inch tortilla, that tortilla was nearly empty. It did not have 2 scrambled eggs (maybe half an egg) or 1.5 oz of sausage and it did have a jarred salsa added. To be honest, I would not have expected a great burrito from a bakery (again, my husbands choice :)), but it should have had at least one egg in it. Again, perhaps you had run out of ingredients and this was an exception, but it was our experience.

Trust me, I wanted to love this place. I had "sold" it to my family as the perfect stop on our way out to start our day of hikes. I kept focusing on the good coffee to keep the experience positive and tried to convince my boys that the blueberry muffin was just fine.

I hope that you will take this review as an opportunity to continuously improve as a business. If this was an unfortunate exception, then as a business owner, I would acknowledge, take note, improve where possible and continue to provide outstanding products and service. I would not try to insult or categorize "this traveler" as someone missing the point or looking for McDonalds and supersize portions.

• Visited August 2013
baltimore
“yummy desserts and great coffee”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place has wonderful coffee and amazing desserts. I had the gluten free expresso black bean brownie snd it was awesome. Great selection of gliten free goodies!

Visited July 2014
Maine, United States
“A place we call our base”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I live on one of the outer islands, and we spend a lot of time on MDI doing errands. We enjoy summer, but we don't always enjoy the influx of tourist crowds. The silver lining is that Milagro is open! Sometimes we need a great cup of coffee, sometimes delicious sustenance, and sometimes we just need a place to get work done between boats. We always try to time our trips and stops--long or short--around a visit to Milagro. Shawn and Brian always greet us like family, and we notice that they do so with everyone, not just regulars like us. Milagro's pastries and bagels are fresh and yummy, ingredients are wholesome, coffee and tea is first rate.The only downside is that Milagro is a bit outside of the center of town if you are on foot. The upside is that if you are in your car, there is easy parking in the rear (and even a convenient bowl of fresh water always full outside the door for your thirsty four legged companion). Thank you, Milagro!

• Visited July 2014