“POPOVERS!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 27 August 2014

That is the word! Best popovers you could ever get! Stop by and get some, with a cup of coffee or tea. They had jam there when I went. I was even going to take the popovers that were sitting in the basket but they told me to wait a minute because they wanted to give me hot ones. I buttered them up, some jelly and ran them over to my family in the hotel. You see plenty of people stopping by this place...why you ask??? They are FREE! Yes, you can just come in and have some popovers BUT here's the deal; the Common Good Café feeds the hungry throughout the year but mostly in the winter when times are tough in Maine. You can have them for free but I would be more inclined to give a donation. What a great place! So stop by, eat some delicious popovers and give a little back to help your fellow man.

1  Thank theschnoz

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Cafe is located in the former Seawall Restaurant, a restaurant I frequented as a child. My husband and I decided to try the popovers and relive some memories and we are so glad we did!
Outstanding coffee and popovers! (Had my coffee out of an old Seawall Restaurant mug). And the oatmeal was great also! Can't beat the view. We went back again a month later and vow to return next summer. Friendly people and we love the fact that our donation goes to help fund the food kitchen during winter months.

1  Thank KarenGrc78
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Great popovers, great coffee, great atmosphere. We like the idea that our "donation" goes to help others.

1  Thank iangillamoil
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We just ran into this place unexpectatedly on our way to bass harbor light house. This place is cozy and welcoming. And once you hear all this is community service and for the great cause -it feels even more good. Popovers are great same as you get in Jordan Pond House. Stop by if you can to support a great cause and to enjoy some delicious hot popovers.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

It rained for three full days during our six day camping at Seawall. Didn't want to cook breakfast in the rain and husband needs his caffeine fix so we went to Common Cafe for the most delicious popovers, oatmeal, and hot coffee. Enjoyed the meal, the view, the company, and learned a lot about local culture from the volunteers. Because we ended up with so many groceries we didn't use, we dropped them off at Common Cafe on the way out of town and they said they could pass them directly to a local family in need.