“Best Blueberry Pancakes, Ham & Eggs and great stories!”
Review of sea biscuit - CLOSED

sea biscuit
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: Breakfast Only Resturant
Boone, Iowa
“Best Blueberry Pancakes, Ham & Eggs and great stories!”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Hub & I had the n'easter which included a huge blueberry pancake, eggs, ham, home fries & baked beans. OMG! The blueberry pancake was incredible and the eggs and ham so tasty and fresh. We told our waitress that we were from Iowa where eggs and ham should be at it's best, but it could not compare to theirs, she laughed and said "we get these from Iowa" (lol) Well, all I can say is Iowa must send it's best to Southwest Harbor Maine!

I had the fresh squeezed orange juice and it was worth every penny. I grew up in Florida (besides Iowa) and I know fresh squeeze OJ and what it should taste like and their was the best I've ever had! (sorry Florida) And you can sit right there and watch her squeeze it.
Each table has a different story about something in the families past, our story was the one with the Moose in the telephone lines, great story.

The only thing I would improve on is the baked beans, could add more flavor as they were flat.

Otherwise, it's the best breakfast I've ever had and when we go back next year this is on our must do again list!

Maine
“Local Review”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Decided to go here for our once in a while Sunday breakfast at the suggestion of my boyfriend who had heard that it was good food for reasonable prices. We got there about 10:00 a.m. and had to wait for about 5 minutes to get a table. They were busy on this rainy Sunday and seeing their menu I understood it would be a while before we actually ate.

The problem was that it was quite some time before we even saw our waitress, much less got coffee. They bring a coffee carafe to the table which is nice, but our waitress never came back to the table after taking our order to see if we needed more during our 1/2 hour wait for the food.

The menu is the most extensive I've ever seen for breakfast. I got one of the "stacked" dishes with homemade Mornay sauce. It was basically homefries, sausage patty and eggs stacked on top of each other with the sauce poured over it. Way too much sauce, too thick and too cheesy without flavor. I was able to scrape most of the sauce to the side. The homemade white toast was excellent as was the strawberry-rhubarb jelly (which they sell and would be well worth the $6.00 price tag.) At $11.95, I think that two sausage patties would have been more price-worthy.

My boyfriend had the Nor'Easter which is a lot of food! Two pancakes, three eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, homefries, and baked beans and toast. Everything was fine except the baked beans that lacked the "baked bean" flavor that New Englanders are used to. Nothing exceptional, but probably worth the $14.95 price.

We didn't try the freshly squeezed orange juice - at $4.00 for a small (very small) glass, it was too rich for our pocketbook.

I might take a guest from "away" there for a different kind of breakfast, but as locals, my boyfriend and I won't be going back. Too expensive, poor service, and a too long wait for breakfast isn't worth it. A liquor license to augment the wait (Bloody Mary, Mimosas) might have made it more worth the wait and the cost.

Illinois, USA
“Excellent Breakfast and excellent service”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stopped there for breakfast on the recommendation of the front desk personnel at our hotel. The meal was wonderful and plentiful at a reasonable price. Our server was very friendly, efficient, and actually very funny. She really seemed to enjoy her job. We wanted to go back for dinner, but they only serve breakfast.

Bridgewater, New Jersey
“Must not miss!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Hands down Awesome! The wait staff (and owners) are beyond friendly. They make you feel like family. The blueberry pancakes are more blueberry than cake. Lots of good coffee. Breakfast cooked perfectly. We were treated to the homemade rhubarb jam and oatmeal toast (grandmas recipe). You must go here.

Middletown, Connecticut
“Its ok”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

It was a long wait to be served, the price was high for the basic breakfast-nothing special about the place.

Visited September 2012