“Loved it!”

The Harbour Cottage Inn
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the first bed and breakfast I have stayed in, and I absolutely loved it. From the nicely landscaped front yard, to the cute living room area, and the delicious breakfasts...I'm still dreaming about the quiche and french toast! Our room 'The Yawl' was the perfect relaxing space to return to after a full day out and about on the island. The Yawl is on the corner and has to windows which allows a nice sea breeze to go through. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Harbour Cottage Inn this past Memorial Day weekend. It was a chance to re-visit the area where my husband and I fell in love 6 years ago. The Inn was beautifully decorated, had wonderful music, books everywhere (!) to read, and a delicious breakfast every morning. The Inn utilized many methods to be as green as possible which was dear to my heart.

The only faults I had are mostly due to my preferred city way of life. This area is the first where my cell phone (Verizon, can you hear me now?) had 0 bars. This has never happened to me before. Breakfast was sadly only served between 8 and 9 am. I made myself get up since it was so good, but would have liked the option of a later breakfast. I was on vacation after all. The wi-fi was not very steady, so I had trouble accessing necessary emails and watching my favorite TV show. Even though the Inn was intent on a green way of living, there was no place for us to recycle the stuff we needed while traveling.

Overall, however, I highly recommend this place. It was relaxing, delicious, warm and comfortable. Don, one of the innkeepers, was wonderful and knowledgable. I had a great time and will likely return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DonSouthwestHarbor, Owner at The Harbour Cottage Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
It was indeed a pleasure having these folks staying with us. I remember them well and we had several very nice conversations about the inn and Acadia. I am also thankful for the great review. I just wanted to clarify that Verizon has the most spotty level of cell service on the island in general and that is due to the absence of cell towers near the national park combined with the mountains of Acadia. The other carriers perform well although none are perfect. I was surprised to hear about the internet issue because we have a brand new upgraded high speed modem and 5 access points on the property. The internet has never been faster than it is right now. Perhaps our guests were not logged on to the strongest signal or there may have been issues with the service provider at the time that I was unaware of. I apologize for that. We look forward to their return at a later date.
Roslyn Heights, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Charming, tastefully furnished, quiet , well run B&B located in Southwest Harbor Maine. A delicious breakfast is served which includes a hot course as well as home made muffins or biscuits and fresh fruit. Our Bedroom was brightly decorated and comfortable. The location is perfect for hiking, water sports and exploring Mount Desert Island. Good restaurants are walking distance and in particular local restaurant Cafe 2 serves the best breast of duck I have ever tasted.

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Harbour Cottage Inn was such a delight! The staff, Don, was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about the national park, restaurants and activities. The breakfast was delicious! The inn is adorable, comfortable and clean. Easy access to Acadia and Bar Harbor. We went as an anniversary trip and could not have been happier with our stay. So glad we chose Harbour Cottage Inn and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The best breakfasts in Maine! Lovely setting, great rooms full of character. Very good location for all you want to do in Mount Desert Island, and southwest harbour has some great restaurants and bars, more peaceful and authentic, and less touristy than Bar Harbour.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were looking for a quiet place away from the cruise ships, buses and crowds of Bar Harbour, and this was it. Yes, it can take 20 minutes plus by car to reach certain spots in Acadia from this locale, but for what we sought it was just fine. If you are in town for just a couple of nights, the dining options a 10 minute walk down the street are fine (the food at Sips was great). Our room was a bit small but you don't go to destinations like this to sit in your room. The common area - a beautiful comy living room downstairs - provided a nice change-up fom the room if I wasn't quite ready for bed. If you are looking for a quiet, relaxing, very well maintained property with a good breakfast (fixed menu) and a very helpful inn-keeper, this it it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobby M
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

The cottage is very nice, very well kept and the people are friendly. But they are not much with you as normally i experienced in other b&b. It is clean and the rooms are nice, only a bit small. The b&b is located in southwest harbor and it is ok if you want to stay away from the typical tourist spot as bar harbor. On the other hand you have to drive every day half hour one way to get to the most beautiful part of the acadia national park. From this perspective it is not ideal. Also the village is nothing, except the pier where you can eat lobsters with hands, there is nothing. So if you are looking for quiet stay here otherwise go to bar harbor.

• Stayed September 2013
#15 of 41 in Bar Harbor
Kimball Terrace Inn
Kimball Terrace Inn
#2 of 2 in Northeast Harbor

Been to The Harbour Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!