“Lovely stay on Southwest Harbor” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Harbour Cottage Inn

and 1 more site!
The Harbour Cottage Inn
Singapore
“Lovely stay on Southwest Harbor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here after another hotel reservation fell through, and we were so glad we did. Great value for the lovely rooms and location (walking distance from Southwest Harbor Main St as well as the pier). Don had good recommendations for restaurants and every breakfast was lovely. They also provide fresh coffee throughout the day and baked goods in the afternoons.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Andrea L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is our second time staying with Don and Javier at the Harbour Cottage Inn. The experience is fabulous. The Inn is clean, quaint and friendly. The breakfasts were wonderful including homemade baked goods, fresh fruit and a hot entree each morning. The atmosphere is very outgoing and the conversations among the guests were lively, to say the least. :) Don goes out of his way to make sure that his guest are well taken care of. We really enjoyed the quiet location of the Inn. Plenty of activities in Southwest Harbor without the congestion of Bar Harbor.
We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kmo15
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was the first bed and breakfast I have stayed in, and I absolutely loved it. From the nicely landscaped front yard, to the cute living room area, and the delicious breakfasts...I'm still dreaming about the quiche and french toast! Our room 'The Yawl' was the perfect relaxing space to return to after a full day out and about on the island. The Yawl is on the corner and has to windows which allows a nice sea breeze to go through. I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed May 2014
Carbondale, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at the Harbour Cottage Inn this past Memorial Day weekend. It was a chance to re-visit the area where my husband and I fell in love 6 years ago. The Inn was beautifully decorated, had wonderful music, books everywhere (!) to read, and a delicious breakfast every morning. The Inn utilized many methods to be as green as possible which was dear to my heart.

The only faults I had are mostly due to my preferred city way of life. This area is the first where my cell phone (Verizon, can you hear me now?) had 0 bars. This has never happened to me before. Breakfast was sadly only served between 8 and 9 am. I made myself get up since it was so good, but would have liked the option of a later breakfast. I was on vacation after all. The wi-fi was not very steady, so I had trouble accessing necessary emails and watching my favorite TV show. Even though the Inn was intent on a green way of living, there was no place for us to recycle the stuff we needed while traveling.

Overall, however, I highly recommend this place. It was relaxing, delicious, warm and comfortable. Don, one of the innkeepers, was wonderful and knowledgable. I had a great time and will likely return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DonSouthwestHarbor, Owner at The Harbour Cottage Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
It was indeed a pleasure having these folks staying with us. I remember them well and we had several very nice conversations about the inn and Acadia. I am also thankful for the great review. I just wanted to clarify that Verizon has the most spotty level of cell service on the island in general and that is due to the absence of cell towers near the national park combined with the mountains of Acadia. The other carriers perform well although none are perfect. I was surprised to hear about the internet issue because we have a brand new upgraded high speed modem and 5 access points on the property. The internet has never been faster than it is right now. Perhaps our guests were not logged on to the strongest signal or there may have been issues with the service provider at the time that I was unaware of. I apologize for that. We look forward to their return at a later date.
Roslyn Heights, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Charming, tastefully furnished, quiet , well run B&B located in Southwest Harbor Maine. A delicious breakfast is served which includes a hot course as well as home made muffins or biscuits and fresh fruit. Our Bedroom was brightly decorated and comfortable. The location is perfect for hiking, water sports and exploring Mount Desert Island. Good restaurants are walking distance and in particular local restaurant Cafe 2 serves the best breast of duck I have ever tasted.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Harbour Cottage Inn was such a delight! The staff, Don, was very friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable about the national park, restaurants and activities. The breakfast was delicious! The inn is adorable, comfortable and clean. Easy access to Acadia and Bar Harbor. We went as an anniversary trip and could not have been happier with our stay. So glad we chose Harbour Cottage Inn and we would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

The best breakfasts in Maine! Lovely setting, great rooms full of character. Very good location for all you want to do in Mount Desert Island, and southwest harbour has some great restaurants and bars, more peaceful and authentic, and less touristy than Bar Harbour.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bar Harbor Inn
Bar Harbor Inn
#7 of 41 in Bar Harbor
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,587 reviews

Been to The Harbour Cottage Inn? Share your experiences!