“Bring some insect repellent”

Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Open 7 days a week seasonally from Memorial Day Weekend until late October. Tuesday thru Sunday, 11:00 AM - 8:30 PM. Monday 4:00pm-8:30.
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Sawyer's is a great place to get local seafood after a day of hiking or sightseeing. Food is fresh and prepared very well - fried just beyond done for a little extra crispness. Lobster bisque was delicious. Probably had sherry but it didn't overpower. Even got a dessert - cheesecake with a drizzle of blueberry sauce. Very nice.
Sawyer's is byob so come prepared if you wish. It's also in the flight pattern of a mosquito attack wing! Bring repellent, or better yet, get your meal to go and find a nice screened porch to enjoy your meal.

There are newer reviews for Charlotte's Legendary Lobster Pound

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had the best haddock sandwiches ever here. My son had the steamers which were also great, plentiful and reasonable. All of the pricing was reasonable. All of the seating is outdoors (casual) which is great until the mosquitos show up around sunset. The blueberry pie filling was great but the crust was burnt. I would definitely go there again.

1  Thank chicacabo
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Liked the food, disliked the mosquitos! The clam chowder was very good, the lobster was all right (claws were good, tail was tough). Chose to go there since they had a menu variety.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

this new lobster pound on the way to Seawall used to be a dairy bar. Sawyers has converted it to a nice fish place, with only outdoor seating at picnic tables. We had the lobster roll special - 2 6 inch rolls stuffed with lobster on a bed of lettuce, for $20. No mayo, no seasonings. The lobster was freshly steamed (worth the wait). Best lobster roll on the island in our opinion. Try it!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been crawling Maine lobster pounds for a long time, and have grown tired of the popular "purest" lobster rolls. I suppose if one can't tolerate any actual cooking with proper spicing, those are the places to go. I'm not one of those, and really appreciate what a good cook can do. This is a very well located, down to earth place next to the beach at Seawall Campground. I always look forward to having seafood at Bar Harbor, but I encountered Sawyer's and never made it to any other place. I had clam chowder and a crab roll. They had only enough crab for half a roll, so offered to upgrade and make up the difference with lobster. Never had anything like that, so, hey, why not? It was a good move. The clam chowder was amazing and the best I've had in a long time, full of flavor. The crab/lobster role was nicely overstuffed, and very bright. I was also overstuffed, and for half what I would have spent to dine in Bar Harbor on much less satisfying fare. On top of the fabulous food, we went a block away and had dinner at the beach for the sunset. Perfect. During my stay, we also had Lobster Bisque, and lobster rolls (without the crab). Always tasty. This is a 50's sock hop kind of place, which I appreciated (I was there), though it was a bit on the too loud side. At sunset the enthusiastic mosquito population makes itself a nuisance, though they provided torches and a chiminea to keep them at bay (mid July). Just wear sleeves and hang out near a torch. I will be back.

2  Thank jlcwinter