“Great fun lobster "fest"”

Beal's Lobster Pier
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Eat, drink and be messy. A visit to Beal's Lobster Pier is always a highlight - a restaurant that's on the water, with an atmosphere that's down to earth. At our working lobster pier in Southwest Harbor, Maine, you and your family will have a blast watching the boasts coming in and the lobstermen unloading their fresh catch. Hear the creak of rope on the moorings. Catch the scent of saltwater on the breeze and enjoy the waterfront view while chowing down on the freshest lobster you can eat. (Don't worry, the napkins are on us!)
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The fun part of a true lobster pound is the picking out your lobster and combining it with great sides. Corn on the cob,fries, onion rings...great selection of local craft beers on draught and a nice selection of wines as well...but don't forget the Maine blueberry pie! The boy there said it was the " best in all of Maine" when asked and though I'm usually not a dessert eater.. I must say he was right ...( you have to have it a la Mode !!!)

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I have had many fine dining experiences and I would trade them all for a lobster, fries (with malt vinegar) and a beer at Beal's lobster pier. First you choose your lobster, who is not aware of his fate, then order any accompaniments, such as fries, onion rings or salad and wait until they cook your chosen lobster to perfection. Whilst your lobster is cooking you can look over the wharf from the picnic tables set up either outdoors or under cover. When our number was called, the 2.6 lb lobster was prepared to perfection and came with clarified butter, the only dressing you need. If only the commute from Australia wasn't so far!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

First night in town, and being from Iowa, was dieing for Lobster, real Lobster, not the fake crap or frozen freezer burn variety we get here. We could see the pier from our room at Harbor View motel and knew we had to try it. It did not disappoint! Because we didn't know one from the other we got the soft shell lobster and OMG it was like eating pure heaven! Sweet and succulent, a lb & a half lobster was not big enough! The corn was also very good, huge ears, not quite as good as Iowa sweet corn, but the size made up for it, our sweet corn is not that big! They cook everything once you have chosen what you want, this is live lobsters fresh from the tank, so prepare to wait a bit. But it is well worth the wait!
Next day we had lunch there. We both got the Fish Soup and OMG! Best I ever ate and I ate it all! Loaded with other good ingrediants, it did not have that fishy taste I hate in most Fist soups. Delicious!
Next day we were tired of fish (believe it, lol) so we tried their Cheeseburgers. OMG! They were huge and fresh and juicy, all I can say is Burger King better hope these guys never Franchise, they'd definitely beat out the whopper! Their fries were also scumptous and their shakes were worth all of the 2lbs I gained on this trip :o)
Last day there after learing the difference in the hard shell & soft shell lobsters (hard shells have more lobster per lb than the soft shells) we both had the biggest ones they had. OMG! I think we booked our trip next year just so we could eat here again!
AND you can send some home. We sent some home to our son, they pack it fresh and he said he's pretty sure he died and went to heaven!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Beals Lobstr pound is a good place to eat lobster. Soft shells in the summer are the best, easy to crack open. Picnic tables outside on the wharf

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Consistently the best lobster experience ( ate there six years ago first). Expected it to be just as good. It was that and even better! I am a foodie, based in New York City and I like my food to have a "Wow" factor, especially when I travel.Beal's lobster delivers that with gusto! And so does it corn! It is the freshest lobster in the "raw" ( plastic trays, plastic utensils, plastic cups ). Yet it is cooked just right and is good to the last morsel!