“Good food”

Beal's Lobster Pier
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery
Description: Eat, drink and be messy. A visit to Beal's Lobster Pier is always a highlight - a restaurant that's on the water, with an atmosphere that's down to earth. At our working lobster pier in Southwest Harbor, Maine, you and your family will have a blast watching the boasts coming in and the lobstermen unloading their fresh catch. Hear the creak of rope on the moorings. Catch the scent of saltwater on the breeze and enjoy the waterfront view while chowing down on the freshest lobster you can eat. (Don't worry, the napkins are on us!)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to Maine and second visit to Beal's. One of the best lobster places we ate both trips. You pick your own lobster and sides then eat on the picnic tables right by the working harbor. Doesn't get much more authentic than that. This visit did not disappoint and is worth the drive over from Bar Harbor. Then head on down to Bass Head Light to see the sunset. You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Pricem36

“Waste of time and money!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Fried seafood platter... You'd think they'd know how to fry food. Nothing was good. There was a large clump of little shrimp in batter. Cole slaw was inedible, as was the lemonade. I returned my "fresh squeezed" lemonade and got nothing. Don't waste your time, it's like eating in a ghetto.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank mistletoehalo
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“A great find”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

As others stated, we left Bar Harbor to explore other small towns and accidentally found this place. Loved the fact that I could order a lobster and actually pick it out. Then you purchase the sides that you like. No special dinner with items you really don't want. The 2 3/4 lbs. Lobster that my husband and I shared was the best we ever had. Just had salad and Cole slaw so I was not stuffed. Although the sweet potato wedges were tempting. Sat on a picnic table chatting with other visitors enjoying their lobsters.

Avon, Massachusetts
“Lobster Grilled Cheese”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had the lobster grilled cheese and literally saw Jesus. But seriously, it was amazing and memorable. I look forward go going again.

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“They get it!!!!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I recently found Beal’s by mistake. Thank goodness I did!!! Of all the places we went to during our week stay in Maine, this place was the friendliest and offered the best service even though they aren’t a full service restaurant. We were traveling with two children, one an infant, so sometimes restaurants can be a bit tricky as many of you know. They went out of their way to get something corrected on one of our plates which was entirely our fault. Thanks to the manager for that one, I think his name was John. They were slammed but didn’t stop him from helping us. The food was to die for! Lobster was great, wife’s scallops were great, we even came back for a 2nd meal it was so great, awesome lobster roll with great sweet potato wedges. And while this may sound trivial, apart from their great customer service, this is why I felt the folks at Beal’s get it. We were traveling with an infant. Most people must have forgotten what a big pain this can be at times. Beal’s had an actual changing table in their public bathroom. We saw countless children, many infants and small children throughout our trip, has the entire state of Maine forgotten how helpful that can be? We only saw one other changing station our entire trip which was at Sand Beach in Acadia Natl. Park. I guess folks in Maine forgot how difficult it can be to change a child in a bathroom where your afraid to touch anything. Not the case here, clean bathroom and made easy for mom. Of all the places we ate, this and another are getting our best reviews. Thanks for the great service.

• Visited June 2014