“Good restaurant that makes you feel at home”

Demuros' Top of the Hill Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I recently had a family get together twice this year at Top of the Hill and love the hospitality that the staff gives you, they seated us immediately and were very friendly. If you like Italian food I recommend going to Top of the Hill and getting their linguine with white clam sauce. The pasta is cooked just right nice and el dente and the sauce is very flavorful. My mom always gets their fried haddock sand which and loves it. The waitress we had Suzie was very personable and struck up conversations with all of us. I definitely would recommend Top of the Hill to anyone that wants a good at home feel, friendly and relaxing atmosphere, will be going again next season!!!

3  Thank kelsay h
There are newer reviews for Demuros' Top of the Hill Restaurant

Reviewed 19 October 2013

What an amazing time, meeting up with my sister and her family for Demuro's Top of the Hill Restaurant closing night. Since we came from a restaurant background, it's always a treat to eat at a hometown favorite location. When you go to a family restaurant, you can expect that the owners will know your names, give you a quick hug and help you enjoy a great night with good food, which is why we choose to eat here. Closing nights are always busy as deep discounts are made and anyone that knows this business at all, knows that you will be "slammed" and likely "in the weeds," but..that's not why we go there. We go for the great food, the quaint atmosphere, and a chance to catch up. Since we have known Debby most of her life and the restaurant business, we know the time and effort it takes to try to please everyone and how hard Debby works to do just that. We also know that she would use nothing but quality ingredients and that's why we go. That extra effort, while some may not understand, is very important to us. Kudos Debby for another wonderful night!!!! Have a wonderful winter and we will see you next spring when you re-open <3

1  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stopped here on a Sunday when there were few patrons, so we figured service wouldn't be a problem. The young lady who waited on us was very friendly but must have been new, because she needed reminding to bring anything we ordered beyond the entree--water to drink, a glass of wine, bread and Parmesan cheese (included with the pasta). I had spaghetti with red sauce, and my wife had clam linguine. Both were very bland, and the clam sauce was watery. Before we left, the owner or manager came by and asked how our meal was. Since she asked, we said politely that it could have used more spice, and perhaps some garlic. She replied somewhat indignantly,"I'm surprised, because It's very popular."
Tastes vary, but the worst was yet to come. My wife was up much of that night with nausea (we didn't stop for dessert or anything else before or after). The clam linguine didn't stay down. In Maine, some restaurants were great, some good, and one or two just OK. This is the only one that made either of us ill.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a canned ingredient place. I last had pasta florentine and they used canned spinach. Nothing here is the least bit creative if you like that kind of restaurant. Service is OK, but that is because they are not real busy. The only high point for them is prime rib when they have it Tuesdays and Thursdays only.

MaineDdx3, Manager at Demuros' Top of the Hill Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

James B
NOTHING in here comes out of a can! And we're one of the busiest places in town~I'm not sure how you have come to these "observations", but I think we may have had issues in High School.
Thanks for taking the time.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The food was cold, overpriced and bland. I expected a home town feel but the side room was tacky. The main room was interesting in a kitchy way. The waitress made up for the experience, she was friendly and efficient.