“The pie! You must have the pie!”

Quietside Cafe and Ice Cream Shop
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Description: Locally owned Family Run Cafe and Ice Cream shop. 19 Years providing great homemade foods with fast friendly service
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Many thanks to all of those that recommended the pie in previous reviews. Having read them, we stopped in for dinner tonight with the family. We sat outside on the picnic tables and had a light dinner so we could get the point of our visit...the pie!

We ordered a piece of the blueberry and a piece of the apple, both a la mode. They were marvelous. The blueberry was delicious...not too sweet, very natural tasting. Truly wonderful. While I admit that I haven't had many pieces of blueberry with which to compare it, we found it to be excellent.

That said, the apple was quite simple the best piece of apple pie I've ever had. My grandmother would disown me for saying that but it was that good. My biggest regret is that we didn't find this place earlier in our stay.

Drive from wherever you are and get the pie! Just do it!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We stopped here several times during our vacation. I always got the blueberry ice cream which was yummy. My family always got a different flavor and were not disappointed.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This little cafe on a corner of downtown is soooooooo good. It was soooooooo good, we went back again a second day.I ordered the crab roll both days and loved it. The onion rings were not memorable, but the crab roll was.The macaroons were good too.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stopped in on a late Tuesday afternoon for lunch. I was absolutely not disappointed. The clam chowder was just the right thickness, loaded with clams and overboard on flavor. Lobster roll was good. On a butter toasted hot dog style roll and toasted lightly, Finished off the meal with freshly baked blueberry pie that was not too sweet but had a fabulous crust and flavor. Frances, the owner, was an absolute delight to chat with and made everyone feel like they belonged there as family. While there, several people entered to be warmly greeted with hugs and friendly hellos. Frances is an expert cook and and expert in personality and making her customers feel special. This is a do not miss spot in South West Harbor.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

A small place on the quiet side of the island - friendly welcoming staff. We have eaten here several times and only had the pizza, but it was very good.