Cafe Drydock & Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
US$130
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
US$71
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$152
Hampton by Hilton Bar Harbor(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Seawall Motel(Southwest Harbor)
The Claremont Hotel(Southwest Harbor)
Harbor Ridge(Southwest Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Wonder View Inn(Bar Harbor)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsrestaurant downstairsbar harborsmall kitchenacadia national parkliving roomislandtouristaccommodations
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2012

ThIs review is for the restaurant.

We went here at the end of season so it was difficult finding an open restaurant for lunch. When we saw the "open" sign we pulled over right away! Getting into this restaurant was a challenge. There are 3 doors, and the one you're actually supposed to use needs to be yanked really hard. I'll admit we never figured it out. A customer saw we were having trouble and helped us out. Once we got in we were sat right away. It was nice and warm inside and our server was good enough.

We made our lunch a shellfish extravaganza! We had so much trouble deciding what to get and then our server reminded us we had another menu full of specials. Oh goodness it was difficult. We ended up getting mussels, clam chowder and oysters. The clam chowder was gooood. It was thick and flavorful and had a ton of big clams is it. The mussels was a huge dish, my eyes got a little bigger when she brought them out. We had a lot of fun eating every single one of them. We both thought the sauce was unlike any other mussel dish we'd had but it was still tasty. I just wish we had gotten some bread to lap up the sauce. Our server disappeared while we were eating so I never got the chance to ask. Oh well. The oysters were delicious as well. I forgot what kind we got, we asked our server and took her suggestion. They were sweet, slimy and fresh. Very memorable.

When we tell people about our trip, we always mentioned this place. I'm a sucker for shellfish and this was some of the best I've had. Would recommend this place 100%

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Islandlocal90, Owner at Cafe Drydock & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank for visiting us and the great review. Our clam chowder is one of the best on the island as we have been making it for over 25 years. The secret to it is the cooks on our staff that make it. They are dedicated and do a great job. Our mussels come directly from the harvesters and we pick the up fresh from the bay every few days. We buy only enough to last about 3 days to ensure their quality. The oysters are also done this way. Both the oysters and mussels come from waters sourrounding the island so their is very little distance from the water to the table. Thats what makes great seafood. We have two different oysters, Tauton Bay and Blue Hill Bay oysters. Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have been attending the Arcadia Octoberfest for 17 years and always have stayed in Bar Harbor, this time I decided to venture out and stay in southwest Harbor,man what have I been missing out on! The Dry Dock Inn and Restaurant is awsoume, the menue is great and the food is even beeter, we have eaten dinner all three nights of our stay and the food was wonderfull has well has the service,top noch. The inn was just has incredible,very nice and comfortable, and the owners/ inn keepers were wonderfull. all in all a vey nice experiance,and thats what its all about ,the experiance ! We will be returing to this gem year after year. ! Hats off to the owners and staff,they have it all down

Room Tip: choose any room they are all great, we stayed in room #3 it was wonderfull,but I hear room 31 IS A GREAT SUITE we plan on booking that room soon
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your time with us. I spent 7 hours at the entrance to Octoberfest greeting people and checking passes. It is a great event and the last good time before cold weather sets in and most of us close our doors for the season. The restuarant closed the 27th of Oct.but the inn remains open 365 days a year. We are already planning next years Octoberfest and have been meeting with the beer represenatives. My wife not only works on our restaurant and inn, but also is the finance officer for the local chamber of commerce. She is in meetings today with them and wears many hats in our small town. Thank you again for your great review.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Stayed 3 nights. The room/suite was very nice though a little unusual with the toilet/shower situation. It needs some more towels bars or hooks and or a shelf for toiletries or hanging a toiletry bag.We never met the owners but when we encountered a problem(burned out lights or more soap) the staff was helpful. Location is great as everything in town is walking distance. It would have been very quiet but our bedroom was just above a motor/blower (maybe the restaurant refrigeration unit) that ran all night long. Earplugs will mostly take care of this. All in all it was a very nice place and great location. Sure beats downtown Bar Harbor.

Room Tip: This is above a restaurant so you will occasionally get food smells. And this is an old building (though well maintained) don't expect everything to be ultra modern and convenient.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Pros: Comfortable, spacious, very attractively decorated. Friendly owners, gracious staff, good location.

Cons: No parking (or instructions on where to park), and not great on housekeeping details-- missing soap in bathroom, no spoons or bowls in kitchenette.

Overall, a nice place to stay for a couple nights in Southwest Harbor.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2012

As a local business leader, I rely on the Cafe Dry Dock to provide rooms for clients and other visitors to stay. I am pleased to say that everyone I have had stay in one room or another at Cafe Dry Dock has had a great experience there. It is important for me to know that their experience is good while they are here on business. Thanks to Marty and John for keeping a clean, fresh and relaxing place for my clients to stay in!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business