Craignair Inn at Clark Island
US$160
Hampton.com
250 Main Hotel(Rockland)(Great Value!)
US$173
Trade Winds Inn(Rockland)
US$108
Priceline
Rockland Harbor Hotel(Rockland)(Great Value!)
US$119
Official Hotel
US$201
US$157
Preferred Hotels
Claddagh Motel & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$86
Ledges By the Bay(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$87
Travelocity
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$104
Glen Cove Inn & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$96
All reviewsclark islandb bboarding housefrittatashort driveliving roomprivate bathquintessential mainescallopsfollowing morningbreakfast was deliciousoff the beaten pathfresh fruitwonderful hostsold quarryjoanneocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I don't even know where to start. Our whole experience at the Craignair Inn was beyond amazing. The people who run the Inn obviously know what they are doing. Everyone was so polite and inviting, the rooms were clean and comfortable, and the food was AMAZING! I know that my friends and I were all blown away by dinner at the Craignair, it was honestly worth every penny! Breakfast was equally delicious and included in the price of the room. My husband even went back after breakfast one day to find some more coffee and they made him some on the spot and free of charge. It is obvious to me that the Craignair's number one goal is to please the guest and not to suck money out of them. I cannot wait to book another stay there. If you are looking for a quiet, beautiful place to stay and relax then don't hesitate to book a room at the Craignair!!!

Room Tip: We had a room in the separate building (room # 23), those are a bit bigger and you have a deck to relax on...I will be requesting this room again!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This B & B is located right on the Ocean south of Rockland, Maine. It is about a 15 minute ride from Route 1 to the B & B. My room was very clean and comfortable. It even had a TV, which many B&B's do not have. The breakfast was very good, although not gourmet. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank elibill
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Joanne and Mike are such caring hosts, I cannot imagine you not being happy here.
We chose Craignair, because we wanted something that would give us that real Maine, feel, and it did.
Although the building is getting close to 100, the rooms are all extremely clean and the plumbing is up to date and works perfectly.
Also, even though the place was full up, our room was quiet and sleeping was easy.
To our surprise, the restaurant was superb, first night we were not all that hungry, thought we'd just get a light meal of fresh mussels, and a salad. With fresh homemade crusty bread and a sauce that is as good as any in San Frrancisco, the food was so good we ate all our evening meals right there.
Tha location of the Inn is as relaxing as a place can be, great views of land and sea, sail boats and sea birds.
I'll end this with my original thought, wonderful people make all the difference, even their young son scurrying about with the confidence of an adult in making sure you have everything you want.
Mike cooks great breakfast dishes, far beyond the average B&B quality.
Joanne arranges special requests like trips to Monhegan Island for you, and makes sure everything is done to make you comfortable and ready for the pleasures of the day.
We loved it, and loved them.
Carl and Laurie Wiglesworth

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CTWFreedom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

AWESOME FOOD, SERVICE, AND THE ROOMS WERE ADORABLE!!! The staff was gracious and polite, and the food was amazing...pretty sure they make the pasta noodles in house. I def didnt expect that type of cuisine from a B & B in Spruce Head, Me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that has its own bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jermaine J
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We got free plane tickets to Maine and I more or less threw a dart and found Craignair. I do not think that I could have done better. What a wonderful stay and Joanne and Mike were so attentive. I got up early and walked the island and now have some of the greatest memories of my life. Thanks

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple