“Fail”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I live close by and have given the place many chances and have been disappointed over and over again. Last time I was served a raw hamburger. The time before that, the oyster on the half shell special was served to me frozen, looked like they had been shucked 12 hours ago and stuck in a freezer. My girlfriend ate a good lobster roll there once, but I avoid the place and suggest you do the same unless you want fried bar food and some shots.

2  Thank steve f

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We tried Maine Street Grill again after having a couple of bad meals two years ago. This time, we sat at the bar for a weekend lunch. The food was a bit better than before. I had the Lions Club Chicken sandwich and my husband had a burger. Both were tasty. The french fries were fine. The bartender was inattentive and busy paying attention to a very loud group at one end. We had to ask for menus, a second drink and the check.

Food and service aside, I can't get over the dirty, matted filthy carpet that is on the stairs and second floor. It creats a neglected atmosphere. Please rip it up.

1  Thank Maddie1478
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I tried to give the Maine Street Grill another chance in order to save myself a drive for dinner tonight. We had fantastic service and a lot of hope for our meals. My daughter ordered an appetizer trio that was ok- mozzerella wedges were full of grease and way too much spice. I ordered $8 bacon cheese fries and they were awful...burnt dried cheese. My son ordered alfredo pasta with chicken, mushrooms and for some reason shrimp which he did not order nor does he like. Very dissapointed

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went on Sunday for lunch. BAD mistake. 31F. outside & about 35F. INSIDE! Cold & unpleasant! Food very overpriced & lousy. Waitress good & should be working elsewhere. Concentrating on the bar crowd who would'nt know what they are eating anyway. AVOID!

1  Thank Brian B
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We had eaten here before and thought the burgers & steaks were okay. This time we came here because we wanted to try a place near our home for a meal before we saw in a New Year. We ordered an appetizer called duck wings. We got five duck (?) legs w/two good dipping sauces. My husband ordered a very rare steak and baked potato. That's what he got. It was not outstanding but adequate. I had to send back my chicken piccata because the thing they identified as chicken was so processed that it did not even taste like chicken. I think they took frozen chicken pieces and used them in their piccata and parmesan dishes...it was terrible! Later, a girl near us ordered the chicken parm--she,too, was not looking too happy with her meal. The waitresses were pleasant and helped me get another entree--this time I chose steak tips w/onions, mushrooms, & green peppers. It was edible and my husband said it tasted better than his steak. We arrived home and I immediately had diarrhea. Our dining experience was simply not a good one! What a way to begin the New Year! The waitresses, however, were nice. The problem lies in a kitchen that is serving slop when they could use fresh products. The place was busy enough, but the patrons deserve better!