“We are so lucky to have this charming pub on our doorstep”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Crown Inn Nuffield - CLOSED

The Crown Inn Nuffield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“We are so lucky to have this charming pub on our doorstep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

After so many months/years of pub landlords trying to change this lovely 16th century pub for the better and not succeeding, we have at last found Sam and Richard who took over the Crown about 6 weeks ago and are definitely succeeding where others have failed.

I called at the Crown last Firday night with my brother who lives near Salisbury, we had a delicious meal of Thai chicken and he pronounced it the best he'd ever had. The service is so friendly, the atmospher so welcoming and the food exceptionally delicious. I love cooking myself and am constantly looking to eat at restaurants where the food is better and tastier than my own dishes. After all why would I pay for something I can cook better myself?

Pay no attention to the 'For Sale' sign outside, visit this lovely old pub and enjoy a meal, you will not be disappointed. My brother remarked as we were leaving that I am so lucky to have this lovely pub on my doorstep.

Please Brakespear give this couple a chance, it takes time, they have got it right and we want the Crown in business and are determined to keep our pub open!

• Visited June 2013

Nuffield, United Kingdom
“A Warm Welcome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Sam and Richard always make you feel welcome in this character filled pub. Don't let the "For Sale" sign put you off, the place very much alive and kicking!! We frequently visit for a few drinks with other locals, it's a great meeting place with a warm atmosphere. In the summer there is a lovely garden in which to soak up the sun with a cold pint or 3! In the winter you can sit by the roaring log fire to take away those winter blues! We had dinner there for the first time last weekend, the food was faultless, there were 4 of us and we all said how lovely our meals were. So for me, this pub has it all - a great place for drinks and banter, but also a lovely menu awaits you, should you chose to eat, and I would defintely recommend it! Well done Sam and Rich, you are a great team and deserve every success.

• Visited June 2013
High Wych, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pub food and fantastic service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

What a great find, I have driven past The Crown in Nuffield many times and last week we decided to stop off mid walk and I am so pleased we did. Despite signs announcing it was for sale the bar and ktichen were not only open but really welcoming - especially to our dog.
We are looking forward to going back again this weekend.

1 Thank Kath M
Reading. England
“What it says on the box”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

After a disappointing search for somewhere to lunch, my wife and I stumbled upon this gem about 1½ miles West of Nettlebed on the A4130. Don't be put off by the chalked notice about not taking credit cards - Richard Grant and Sam Murray welcome you enthusiastically to attend to your gastronomic needs. They try really hard to give you a great eating experience and deserve all the support new owners need to succeed. Find out for yourself - you'll want to come back!

Nuffield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant pub but ignore for sale sign”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

A brilliant little 16th century pub with good log fires and lots of beams, as soon as you walk in you are greater by a very charming waitress who always has a smile on her face. The service is excellent and the home cooked food is unbelievably good.
It is well worth, visit ignore the for sale sign. The couple running it really know what they are doing and are very friendly.