“Great breakfast”
Review of Just Barb's

Just Barb's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were on our way along the coast of Maine and Just Barb's was recommended by the owner of the Gull Motel in Belfast. We both had breakfasts with egg, meat home fries and toast. Everything was very good and served promptly. If you are looking for fancy this may not fit the bill, but when I see locals eating at a place it is almost always good and that was the case with Just Barb's.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stopped for lunch and we each had the most amazing bowls of soup. I had the clam chowder, he the fish chowder; they were obviously made from scratch, with whole clams and spoon sized pieces of fish, piping hot, it was delicious. I didn't see it on the menu and would have missed it had my husband not noticed...all those unhappy reviewers missed something very special. There was another couple from New York there also for the soup, having been there last year. Barb should get a sign in the window "best chowder around" I wonder what else we're missing, we'll have to wait until our next trip to Maine. The blueberry pie was very good too.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Stopped here for breakfast - eggs done just right, good potatoes and rye toast. Service was quick and friendly. Will try to stop again on our way back home.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

We passed Just Barb's several times on our way to Acadia so decided to give Barb a try for breakfast last week. Now, we've eaten in dives and diamonds, but Barb's hits a new low.
Run down (and not charmingly), the food was almost beyond what anyone could really charge for.
Imagine ordering a fresh fruit plate special that came with a tiny cup of canned fruit cocktail?
I can't comment on their clam dinner which seems to be Barb's hallmark, but as for breakfast...just keep driving.

1  Thank ThisLife2Live
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We got the haddock sandwich, the grease just kept dripping out of it all over our plate. Then the breading seperated from the fish and slid off the bun and made a big mess on the plate. Worst sandwich ever. My boyfriend got the fish also and had the exact same thing happen to his. As he often says he couldn't make a fish sandwich this bad if he tried.