“Great value!”
Review of Boyce s Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stonington
Boyce s Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stonington
Reviewed 23 March 2012

This is the best place for the money as far as I am concerned. They allow my service dogs, and it is right downtown Stonington. It is small, but cute, easy parking, I recommend this place to all of my friends who come to town, and I stay with them. I am handicapped and cannot climb stairs, so this is easy for me to get into. Some places do not allow dogs and are not supposed to refuse you if you have service dogs.---This place is highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: some rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Three of us just spent a weekend at Boyce's Motel. We stayed in Rm 109, which is really a little cottage with 2 BR, a galley kitchen, and a living area and Bath.
We were very comfortable and warm, which is saying something since it was 1 below zero when we wokenup on Sunday morning. There is wifi and cable and free phone calls with a landline, which was good, since the cell service was non-existent.
The owner, Barrett was very accomodating and friendly.
I look forward to going back sometime.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank whistlerb
Reviewed 26 November 2011

My husband and I traveled up to Stonington from Boston this past week to celebrate Thanksgiving with my parents. My parents were staying right across the street at the Inn on the Harbor, which we would've stayed at--it's gorgeous and the owner is terrific--except they do not accept dogs there. Boyce's does accept dogs, however, which worked out perfectly. The owner, Barrett, was very accommodating and said that so long as both dogs were crated when we left (ours were crate-trained so no problem there) we could leave them alone in the room to join our family for dinner. We chose room #8 which is actually a small, separate cottage with a galley-style kitchen, two-seater dining table and a small living room with two winged-back sitting chairs and a small flatscreen. There is also a full bath and a small separate bedroom with two full-size beds, a dresser and a small closet. It was snowing when we arrived and fairly cold throughout our stay, otherwise we would have made use of the slider and deck. We could sit at the little table and eat our eggs and bacon in the morning (they provide a coffee machine, small toaster and pans, plates, etc. so just bring your food) and watch the harbor through the slider. Our dogs curled up at our feet and watched whatever traffic there was go by. The cottage was perfect for us, though it would definitely be cramped for more than 2 adults (think pets or no more than 2 kids). The furnishings are dated--think Maine cabin-style--however the place was absolutely spotless. Very clean and well-maintained, and the tub was so clean and clear (a sticking point with me) that you could've eaten out of it. High points on my scale! The only down side for my husband (who is 6'2") is that the beds were small, he complained his feet hung off the ends. A loveseat might have been cozier than two separate chairs, but really this is just getting nit-picky now. Barrett was very kind and attentive, his rates are appropriate, and his rooms are clean (we arrived during a minor power outage so we were placed in room #6 first, which did have power, until the power returned to room #8--some speed-demon hit a pole during the storm and knocked out power to the village apparently) and so we can also attest that while small, room #6 was also completely spotless (and had a very nice, large queen-size bed). His location also cannot be beat--walk five steps and you're at the Harbor Cafe, walk two more and you're dining quite nicely at the Wine-Spectator award-winning Seasons. All in all, a great stay in a great little gem in Maine.

Room Tip: Call and speak with Barrett or check out his website, he has several different styles of rooms to su...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sazelle
Reviewed 16 October 2011

I came into Stonington for the evening with my three children to attend an arts event at the opera house. I had booked a two bedroom "cottage" room at Boyce's in advance for a VERY reasonable price sight unseen...When we arrived it was an almost magical experience. The location was beautiful and peaceful. The cottage was equipped with anything we might nees including a washer/dryer, pots and pans, cable tv...There was a sweet deck with full table and umbrella for eating outside and the most lovely flower boxes. We could see the ocean from our own deck, plus Boyce's has the cutest little private deck across the street for guests. I would so come back, especially in the off season for peace and solitude.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband and I just had our first visit to Stonington but it won't be our last. I was a little skeptical when we first pulled up because the place looked a bit dive-y. Upon check-in, we were told we were being upgraded because our original reserved room had a non-working heater. So we ended up in Room 9 and for $100 we got 2 bedrooms, a full kitchen, washer & dryer, and living room, plus space for our dogs. Everything was clean and working. Dinner was at the Harbor Cafe two doors away, which seems to be a popular local hangout. Lobster is big business in Stonington and the Harbor Cafe had twin soft shell lobsters for $20 which includes 2 sides. Beat that!
Stonington is not a touristy place but if you're looking for a reasonably- priced motel across the street from the water, with a very accommodating innkeeper, Boyce's is it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank z3mom
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We ended up in Stonington and decided we would spend the night if we could find a room. We checked across the street from Boyce first at a bed and breakfast and a room was$250. I asked at Boyce Motel and he had one room left for $60. We looked at it and it was super clean and decided to stay. The manager gave me a list of things to do around the small island and the last thing said " please support our local fisherman and buy seafood from them". It said if you buy lobster and would like to have pans to cook them (for rooms with kitchens) or like for him to cook it he would. We took him up on it!! We picked out 2 two pound lobsters and he cooked them and brought them to us, with drawn butter, to our room! He has a private dock on the water where we planned to eat, but it was a little too cold so we ate in our room. It was great and this kind manager went out of his way to make us happy! It was a neat experience!

Room Tip: I didn't mean to choose terrible for restaurant. There was not one with the motel . There is a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

The innkeeper is great. Very hospitable and goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable.

Our daughter lives close by and this was the perfect choice for a couple of nights.

The rooms are very clean and have everything you could want. We are not used to sleeping in a queen bed any more.

The bathroom had a shower, fluffy towels, soap, cups and shampoo. The office has a hair dryer - bring your own conditioner.

There is a small table and chairs, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker with coffee and teas, a tv, small sofa etc.

The best thing is that you are directly across from the ocean and can smell the sea salt air.

You can't get any closer to the ocean for less than $100 a night anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stonington
Grand Harbor Inn
Ledges By the Bay
Ledges By the Bay
#4 of 10 in Rockport
Samoset Resort On The Ocean

Been to Boyce s Motel? Share your experiences!