“Good food; good value”

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Stonington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The food at the Harbor Cafe was just as good as I remembered from my first trip to Stonington and the you can't beat the vaule. I was a bit put off by the treatment I received from one of the staff when I attempted to get a table at a busy time of day. A party of one seemed to irritate her. Otherwise; a great choice.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is the place to eat in Stonington! It was recommended to us, and we're glad we visited. The food is delicious and you can't beat the prices. We had the haddock fish sandwiches. They were big enough to feed our hungry appetites. I enjoyed the old diner feel, nothing pretentious, very down to earth.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

The locals don't really make you feel overly welcome because I don't think they want to share the cafe with others for fear it will be ruined for them. With that aside this is really a great find. Omelets were perfect. The hearty breakfast is way too much, and the blueberry pancakes and muffins are very good and fresh. Price is average and service ok (not very friendly). There isn't a lot in Stonington but what there is is excellent and Harbor Cafe is as good a breakfast as there is in most of the places I've visited.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had several good meals here, sampling various haddock preparations, lobster and scallops. Fish and seafood are very fresh. Desserts are excellent. Wine is ok and inexpensive.

On our last night in Stonington, the cafe was the venue for a benefit for someone in the community who needed assistance with expenses during an illness. We were impressed and supported this as well.

It's all small town and part of participating in summer in coastal Maine.

1  Thank Nancy2005
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We always go to the Harbor Cafe for either breakfast or lunch each trip to Deer Isle. The chowders are excellent and made right there on the spot, yesterday we had to wait a bit while they made more! Crab melt on whole wheat with Swiss is great, lots of crab. Spicy fries are too good. Pies are excellent. Try the crab omelette someday. I love it.

1  Thank David G