“Eat at the Traitor Lounge”

Stratton Plaza Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stratton
Stratton Plaza Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Stratton B&B and Inns
Orrington
“Eat at the Traitor Lounge”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We didn't stay here but stopped by to eat at the Traitor Lounge. We have had their pizza numerous times and have found it to be consistently delicious. The measure of good pizza is how it tastes when you warm it up the next day. This was still great! Their selection of beers on tap is adequate with other options available at the full bar. The decor is colorful and what you would expect in this historical building. We didn't stay for the entertainment later in the evening but that would also be an option if you are visiting on the weekend. We haven't tried their other menu options but it was an extensive menu including lobster rolls at a very reasonable price. Give it a try.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank localdinerpenobscot

Boston
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I traveled all the way up to the Stratton Plaza hotel in the end of April because I wanted to get in on some of the end of ski season going on at Sugar-loaf.

I was planning on staying at the mountain but I didn't feel like paying far more than that dump is worth so I booked 2 nights at the Stratton Plaza about 15 minutes north of Sugar-loaf. I thought I would be staying at a huge commercialized hotel.

When I arrived at the Hotel I was absolutely pumped for 3 reasons. It was on top of a bar that had country karaoke, The location is quite frankly in the middle of nowhere(even though its in a town center) and the building looks cool.

I checked in and was greeted by the owner who gave me his cell phone number and brought me to my room. I believe they only have 9 rooms at the SPH but it was a great room, Just redone and I feel as though I was one of the first if not the first to stay in the room, A large flat-screen hung on the wall and the beds were comfortable. The bartenders make a great drink and the locals are very polite and friendly.

I skied a day and a half at sugarloaf and appreciated having a friendly noncommercial place to come back to at night. Also there's another bar across the Street and last call was after midnight. The food is also amazing and the staff unforgettable. I highly recommend the stratton plaza hotel to anyone and everyone. I will definitely be returning next ski season!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank David C

Been to Stratton Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!