“Strange Behaviour” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Surry Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Surry
The Surry Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Surry B&B and Inns
Virginia Beach
“Strange Behaviour”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2007

The Surry Inn doesn’t lack of atmosphere, and the food is good; unfortunately though, they say that the breakfast is fm 8 to 9.15 a.m., but even if you sit at 8 you won’t have your breakfast until 9....really too long a wait for a simple breakfast.
Moreover its quite pricy if you consider the condition of the bathroom (our was a tiny very old one, we couldn’t have a proper shower because it didn’t work and “ sitting” was very uncomfortable).
The lady who welcomed us on our arrival was very kind but she wasn’t there when we left and the foreign girl who checked us out maybe didn’t understand us well and wasn’t able to give us explanations for an extra 12 per cent of service ??? added on the agreed price of the B&B plus taxes.

• Liked — Evening dinner
  • Disliked — Restroom conditions.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank pacfam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2007

I had a very similar experience as the gentleman/other reviewer from CA. I sent in a deposit for one night, they cashed it (no confirmation, although I sent an email address) and said I must stay for two when I got there, and after a well-meaning desk attendant said he'd correct it the owner overruled him and said if I don't stay and pay immediately for two nights he'll not let me stay at all AND keep the deposit. I won't even go into the details of the extremely contentious "discussions" we had, but I had to alter my vacation plans since he had my $ and was threatening to keep it and leave me out.

As for the rooms and value, they were nothing great, and you could easily find a better place/value/experience at the many inns in the area.

I've stayed at lots of places in Maine -- and met lots of nice, accommodating, honest mom-and-pop innkeepers -- and never had as bad an experience as I've had here.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank cc9931

Travellers are raving about these Surry hotels

Monterey, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2006

Watch out for the Surry Inn in Surry, Maine, about 15 minutes from Bar Harbor. We paid $92/night for a horrible little room that was dirty, had torn window shades and bedspreads, inadequate lighting, etc. It is an old, historic building that has been totally neglected and needs a thorough cleaning and face lift. Also, they have a 10-day cancellation and/or leave early policy so when we left after 3 nights (had originally booked 4 nights) they kept our $92 deposit. In an otherwise great 2 weeks in Maine, it was a real disappointment.

8 Thank chp1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Surry
Hampton Inn Ellsworth / Bar Harbor
Eagle's Lodge Motel
#5 of 10 in Ellsworth
Wave Walker Bed and Breakfast
Holiday Inn Bar Harbor Regency

Been to The Surry Inn? Share your experiences!