“Birthday celebration”

Neston Park Farm Shop
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Atworth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Farm Shop and cafe in the Wiltshire countryside offering freshly cooked fresh food daily. A range of food available from sandwiches and soup to ham, egg and chips, and on a Sunday we offer a superb Sunday Roast. The shop offers a butcher department, fruit and Vegetables, milks, creams and cheeses and we can also make you hampers, ideal for presents
London, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Just back from a trip to Wiltshire to celebrate my brothers's birthday and we went for brunch at Neston. There was about 16 of us with kids of various ages and the shop accommodated us well. On entry we were offered a sample of the most delicious cheddar so things started very well. The place was busy but we got drinks quite quickly and the juice and lattes were lovely. The brunch I had was ok in terms of value for money; 2 bacon (griddled and not to everyone's taste as quite hard), 1 sausage (pork and leak and thus too fancy for kids, and me, so would be good to get an option choice of which bangers to have), dry ish black pudding, 1 fried egg (some were cold and hard) and a couple of grilled tomatoes plus a generous portion of lovely mushrooms. The waitress seemed to not under stand the menu as we asked to swap the mushrooms and tomatoes on my daughters breakfast for sauté potatoes and beans - neither happened and when a different waitress was quizzed she stated that beans were not even available. The palte was then returned but not all mushrooms removed - not great.
Walk up to the woods was nice but no animals for the kids to see and the playground is very tired

Overall an okay brunch but could do better

• Visited November 2013

UK
“Super Sunday breakfast!”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

The cafe opens at 10am on Sundays and there are groups gathered outside by the time the doors open. Many tables are reserved, so either get there early or book in advance.

The breakfast menu offers a huge choice for all tastes, so you could easily return and try other dishes. Our large group ordered several different dishes, which took a while to cook, understandably considering the number of customers all placing orders. All of our food looked delicious as it arrived. I had scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, served on two huge slices of delicious seeded bread, wonderful. Others enjoyed full English breakfasts, eggy bread, poached eggs, etc. I spotted some yummy looking porridge with caramelised apple being enjoyed by another customer...one to try another time, as no room after what I'd eaten!

I defy anyone to leave Neston Park without visiting the shop to take home some of their culinary delights, maybe more of the bread, delicious cakes or organic veg or meat to make Sunday lunch.

I can understand why it's popular with young families, as it's child friendly inside and out with things to keep children amused and an easy relaxed atmosphere for the adults.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank boglin_sue
Mars
“Really fabulous for lunch”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

If you are passing, definitely worth a stop for lunch. Excellent food, good value and friendly staff. The farm shop attached is excellent quality but pricey, but the cafe is brilliant value and is one of my favourite places. You can sit outside, the menu is variable, delicious and always interesting. I would say if you are a group of friends or taking your mum or your children (any age!) you can't go wrong. Children's play area and animals to see as well as easy access for pushchairs and wheelchairs. Lovely all round and just off the Bath to Melksham road.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Claire T
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic sunday lunch and Gravy to die for !!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I fancied a Sunday lunch and rang last minute. they were fully booked through dinner however suggested I popped over after 2 as they would have spare tables. My initial thought was overcooked veg and left over meat. But what a lovely surprise when the food arrived it was fantastic. Fresh and great portions. The beef was fab, but the gravy was out of this world !!

Service friendly and helpful. Food took 10 minutes.
bought some cheese which was lovely too.
All in all great trip. Thanks Neston..

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Redym12
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great setting”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We always take friends here when they visit. They love it. It's a great place for kids with the play area when it's warm. The food is good but takes its time. The steaks in the butchers are to die for. I love going in on my own as well for a crafty cream tea.

• Visited May 2013