“Nice place, little But comfy..”
Review of Thomaston Cafe

Thomaston Cafe
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Thomaston
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Reopened October 25, 2017 with new Owner, Chef and menus. Join us for Thursday Burger Night and Prime Rib every Friday Night. Locally sourced foods with fresh baked goods. Specializing in local beef, lamb, and pork.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I been there couple a times with my husband. Breakfast are my favorite. The meals are good and tasty, and the service are Ok. Is a Family Friendly place to go eat and relax..

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were driving through on our way to Freeport, ME and did not want a fast food eatery; we always try to find a local establishment. This looked like a small little cafe and we expected a soup and sandwich type menu. We were surprised to find some very unique items on the menu. I had a Vietnamese Pork Chop dinner that was one of the tastiest and best meals I've ever had! One server was working the entire place and believe it or not they were very busy, however, our server was fantastic and she took excellent care of us. It is a little pricey, especially if you were expecting what is normally cafe prices but in the end we did not complain about the price. Don't go expecting to order grilled chicken breast or simple fare, but be prepared to try something different and unique.

1  Thank OHRetirees
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I rarely submit reviews to tripadvisor, but I felt compelled to respond. Meals at the Thomaston Cafe are some of the best I have eaten in Maine, and I have to been to many of the more highly touted restaurants. The food is always fresh and delicious (especially the seafood and salads), the wine list is good though not extensive, the prices reasonable, and the service is efficient except when very crowded (which it sometimes is because it is a great spot!). Even with all the offerings in Rockland, Rockport, etc., we have become "regulars" and a number of our friends have become big fans as well.

2  Thank robinseggyellow
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stopped there with a group of friends, six all together. Everyone loved what they ordered , served by a pleasant wait staff. I got the haddock chowder which reminded me of mom's. My husband enjoyed the fish cakes. We also shared a piece of key lime pie that was as good if not better than any we have had in Key West.

1  Thank JerseySure
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Look, I don't normally go on sites like this and write reviews unless I really have something to say. So, with that in mind, this place is downright AWFUL. It's mostly the food that is my gripe, but the service was bad and the prices were just plain unfair, given the quality of the food. We were tourists in the area, and on a vacation, you hope to get great meals so you don't waste a meal with a bad experience. Restauranteurs should keep this in mind before they open up in a touristy place. By the way, if you aren't a yuppie, don't go here. It ain't for you.