“Step Back in Time”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Step Back in Time”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We visited last year. The guide we had was great, he knew pretty much everything there was to know. The tour is cool~ I love history and I love to see actual items from those periods- The museum has done a great job of keeping things in place and properly taken care of and displayed. They do have a small gift shop. We enjoy ourselves~ the tour took about 45 minutes.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank KAG121

Thorndike, ME
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Informative Visit”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Arrived at this site right before Christmas a few years ago. Enjoyed the many historic facts given by the guide. Always enjoy the history behind the homes and people who lived there. The receipt of lands by former officers happened all across our country.

1 Thank painter953
Boston, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great history option near Rockland”
Reviewed 17 August 2012 via mobile

On the way to Rockland or Camden and interested in history? This is a great stop.Henry Knox is a largely unknown but very important revolutionary war figure.the house is a replica built in the 1920s so it's not entirely authentic but the 45 minute tour gives good information on Knox, the war and his life in Maine.our six year old made it through without a complaint.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relive a piece of post US revolutionary history on the coast of Maine”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

While any where near midcoast Maine and/or you are an early American history buff or just value seeing beautiful 18th century antiques, take a drive to Thomaston and go to the east peek of "Crick Hill" to experience all of these interests under one roof!
No matter where I end up, I am always telling the story of Henry, Lucy, the Wado Patent, the demise of the original mansion, some inside stories passed down from generations of Thomaston folk, and the Knox Mansion rebirth. I still have post cards of the mansion in one if my photo albums shot in the 1960's!
I'll always brag about my little home town, the town that went to sea! Now you should go see!

concord, mass
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“historic information”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Who knew! A lot took place in maine we didn't study about in school.

1 Thank conch2