“Pricey Rooms”

Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thomaston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We thought the room was a little pricey for a hotel, but I guess you pay for the name. Would try to find a place that was a little less expensive the next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 723molly

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here two nights and saw the Rockland and Thomasville area. If you were visiting Camden it would aslo be an option. The Hampton employees were very helpful in suggesting places to eat and providing mapping to all establishments. The room was pleasant and the bed comfortable. The breakfast was the Hampton fair which is good and quick for most travelers.

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor and it was quiet
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank galonthego60
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice breakfast, clean rooms, nicely located with an older movie theater out in the back of the facility. Reasonably priced as well, though we only ran into a bit of a hassle when the night clerk refused to cancel the 3rd night from our stay without consulting his superior first. Ultimately there was no problem or charge (and we had mentioned this well in advance of 24 hours), but it was odd that they acted like they were doing us a favor when it should have been easily done without any question.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rodan4242
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I come to Rockland several times a year for business and always stay at the Hampton. I've always been pleased with the hotel, the room, the staff and the location. I stay at Hampton Inns often and this one is one of the best in terms of quality. Will continue to stay here when visiting the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
James K, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. So glad we are one of your favorite Hamptons. We look forward to your next stay with us while in the Rockland area.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The hotel was great! The room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was wonderful. The service was good and the staff was very friendly. The location was perfect for me. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the Rockland area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The experience was excellent because the staff. I had a parking lot view but it was close to other views that were awesome. Breakfast was always full and hot. The staff was very attentive and got clean towels all the time.

Room Tip: ask for view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I truly enjoyed my stay here however, I didn't have great views. My view was the parking lot of the movie theater. Trust me, I didn't mind compared to what my other friends had which had the front view and they couldn't sleep. It was facing the street and there was ALOT of street noise. If you are from the city, you will be okay with the noise. I ended up switching with my friends. I slept fine. Staff is awesome (well the ones I met). My room was extremely clean. Some patrons may not like the note that was left on the headboard (see pic); I personally thought it was cute especially if they put a smiley face on it. .. its very close to Rockland. And before I forget there's a Wal-Mart and Dunkin Doughnuts near by. An ice cream parlor is across the street (where you are like Frogger to get to it). There is a Applebees right next door unfortunately, I was not at all happy with them (review on the way).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thomaston
Rockland Harbor Hotel
4 mi away
Island View Inn
Island View Inn
#5 of 10 in Rockport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Rockland? Share your experiences!