“Wife's birthday celebration” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Dog Brewery

Sea Dog Brewery
Ranked #2 of 31 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kennebunks, Maine
“Wife's birthday celebration”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My wife had never been to Sea Dog in Topsham. We were celebrating her birthday. Food was ok, little cold, had to ask for water from a non smiling waitress. Pretty busy, but not out of control. Probably would sit at the bar next time.

Visited August 2014

Spring Valley, California
“Losbter Rolls were to die for.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

We traveled 10,675 miles from San Diego, CA to Vancouver, then across the Midwest up to Bar Harbor, ME. We just happen to get off the highway to find a place to eat and made a right-hand turn, and found Sea Dog Brewery. This place was a find. We loved it, the service was exceptional and the Lobster Rolls were to die for, better than anywhere in the Northeast, even better than Bar Harbor.
The view of the river was awesome.

Clearwater, Florida
“Birthday Dinner for My Grandson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Sea Dog Brewery in Topsham is an excellent family restaurant. They are real great for treating special needs children(Allergies)! The food/menu is very good & priced reasonable. Sit by the windows & enjoy the scenic river/falls with fishermen in there boats. We had a real good dinner on our grandson's birthday & he really enjoys going to Sea Dog. Will always return there every time going to Maine. Also their Lobster Rolls are superb!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Connecticut
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

As we walked to the door our experience began. There are stunning views of the Androscoggin River as she spills noisiliy over the dam just upstream. Then you walk in to a beautifully reclaimed mill. We were seated on the deck at our request and our waitress was wonderful. Answering any questions we tossed at her and then comtinuing throughout to be attentive without being intrusive.

Our meals were wonderful. I had the bacon, cheddar, chicken sandwoch and my wife had the whole clams. Both of us were expecting pub fare and we pleasantly treated to an awesome meal.

There were so many brewed beers to choose from that I had to go with the sampler and I am happy I did. Ten different ales ranging the full spectrum from stout the their Owl's Head Light Ale (a new fvorite)

I will return to Topsham just to dine again at Sea Dog Brewing and enjoy more of their house brews.

• Visited August 2014
Brunswick, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Ok, Great location, and usually good food, but I am getting a little tired of service problems. We arrived at 5:30 pm and asked for a table for 3, two adults and a 4 yo. We were told the wait for the deck was 30 min or more and inside was about 20 min. We said great then make it inside. We were given a buzzer and sat in the waiting area. While waiting, we observed other parties show up, get buzzers to let them know when their seats were ready, and then get seated, they had all arrived after us. When the 4th or 5th party was seated before we were, (after we had been waiting for 40 min!) we were told sorry, there was a deck table available, and were promptly escorted to the table, passing several empty inside tables in the process. We waited about 10 min for the server, no problem, and he took our drink orders, hot tea, IPA draft, and apple juice for the child. 25 min later, he took our dinner order and walk away from the table at 6:44 pm. Remember, we are with a hungry child.
After 20 min, he came buy and asked if we wanted more drinks, but no word on food. After 25 min, I got up to ask about our food, I was told it was being 'plated up'. After 30 min, I went in search of him to ask what was the hold up. A few min later, my wifes and child's food came, but not mine. After 5 min of them getting food, I went in search of the manager. He was not available. After 10 minutes, while waiting for the manager, I intercepted my server with my order, just the main plate, none of the sides, mind you, and took my own plate to the table and asked for the manager to be sent to my table. After I had finished my food, (my family was already done), I got up to find the manager as he had never come to the table, and I passed the server, and asked for the check, he told me there would be no check for my troubles, and I thanked him, but still went in search of the manager. The manager was still 'unavailable' and a senior server, who said he was an assistant manager took my complaint. While the server obviously made errors, but I think the kitchen was also at fault.

My wife had also, during our wait periods, asked other servers to check on our order, with no results from them either.
The table next to ours, with a different server, also had lonnnggg wait times.

I'll eat here again, but not on a busy day because they obviously can't handle crowds.

• 1 of 5 bubbles