“Fantastic flight!”

Scenic Flights of Acadia
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Trenton
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the Island the Best Way! See it from above. You will gain a unique perspective of Bar Harbor, Coastal Lighthouses, Acadia National Park, Cadillac Mountain, Somes Sound and more. Choose from our five popular flights. Reservations are not required, with the exception of our unforgettable Sunset Flights.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was definitely the highlight of our trip. Jim, our pilot, was very friendly and kept a nice balance between pointing out the sights and allowing us to enjoy the view. He was also very funny, cracking jokes to keep us entertained! The company offers a good variety of tours, depending on what you would like to see as well as length of the tour. We were able to take a same day tour as well, so a reservation was not absolutely necessary but it is definitely still recommended. Overall, great tour and I would highly recommend it. Something the whole family will enjoy!

There are newer reviews for Scenic Flights of Acadia

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The best way to experience the beauty of Acadia without dealing with traffic. The islands and mountains are beautiful.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I visited Acadia during the Govt Shutdown and it was a bummer for me as i planned for this trip way back and took the time off to make it happen. I didn't want to cancel my trip just because the park was shutdown. I chose to visit Acadia by Air (and Water!) while I was here.

They have a good variety of routes to choose from based on the number of view points covered and time; Try to get the sunset tour.. it costs a little extra but is well worth it.

The Pilot Randy was very cool and makes a good Pilot and a tour guide.

The Flight was great, I actually took the open ride [you are allowed to open the window of the aircraft] as i was doing some Ariel photography while I was up there and the views were awesome!

If you are considering an air tour, go with them.

1  Thank Chetan S
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I arrived in Bar Harbor on the day the Federal Government shutdown commenced! Trip had been planned for over 6 months, so we were determined to make the best of it, despite Acadia National Park being closed! Therefore, we chose to do the "all of acadia" tour to allow us to see the Park from another angle!

The weather on the day was perfect - no clouds, and minimal wind, so we had a lovely clear flight and beautiful views! The foliage was starting to turn, so there was a beautiful range of colours.

The staff couldn't be friendlier, and the pilot pointed out all the sights of note! At the end, he thought we hadn't enjoyed it, because we'd been so quiet - that was only because the views were breathtaking, and we were speechless!

I would thorougly recommend this!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We came ashore @ Bar Harbor from a cruise ship 10/06/2013 picked up a pamplet @ pier, called to check availability on short notice they said they could send a taxi to pick us up in 30 min., the taxi was on time, the plane & pilot were ready when we arrived, a nice flight over Acadia & area in a newer Cirrus plane, taxi was waiting when we landed to take us back to pier area in Bar Harbor.

This was a fast way to see the area and still have time to explore the towns shops & local foods during our limited time ashore