“Great experience at Acadia National Park!”

Acadia Sunrise Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trenton
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is a small Mom & Pop operation about 10 miles north of Acadia National Park. We booked a room here based in good measure from the TripAdvisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. The room was huge, the staff were wonderful, and the price couldn't be beat. There is no breakfast, but the room had a kitchenette, and there is a small grocery less than a mile away, and a supermarket in nearby Ellsworth. The place backs up to an airport, but we never noticed any flights coming in or leaving after 9:00 PM, so no problem there. Get a room on the back if you can; you get an awesome sunrise view of the mountains from Acadia. We never used the pool, but it looked clean, and if you get lucky, you will see a family of ducks waddling around. There is not a lot of luxury here, but if you want to avoid the high-priced facilities in Bar Harbor, and don't mind driving a few miles, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Traffic on Route 3 seems to be non-stop - another reason to get a room on the back. Allow a few ext...
There are newer reviews for Acadia Sunrise Motel

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I booked my stay at the Acadia Sunrise Motel online a few weeks prior to my visit. When my plans changed last minute and I wanted to extend my stay, although they were booked, the manager at the desk called around to other local hotels on my behalf to see if they had any rooms available.. I was also upgraded to a family room at no extra cost since they were out of queen size rooms. If you're traveling with a group, I highly recommend the family room! It could have comfortably slept 6 people. The motel is about 5 miles from Ellsworth and 13 miles from Acadia National Park so the location was great. At $65 per night, you can't beat the price! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My daughters and I stayed in one of the family rooms. It had a folddown futon and a kitchenette.
I was surprised at the spaciousness! The room was very clean and everything worked. The pool was extrememly clean and theres no posted time for morning swims. We had a wonderful before breakfast swim. Roy is really friendly.... a sincere friendly. As long as you don't expect bell-hops and room service, consider yourself lucky to find a vacancy because I have stayed at places that cost much more and weren't nearly as good. I would defintely stay there again.

Brenda Bishop

Reviewed 19 July 2013

The room was exceptionally clean! Great smell, as some motels have a musty smell. The room looked nice, and what appeared to be a newer futon. I would definatley reccomend this place! With a great price and the Manager, Roy is VERY nice, you cant beat this place!!

1  Thank Dominic M
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Bearing in mind that I would never expect a high end stay on a lower end price, we at least did expect it to be little more kept up. The pool is excellent - probably the best part (next to the price) - it is super clean and well kept and like bathwater. Very nice. The gentleman in the office is super nice as well. When we got to our room on the front side of the building (we didn't need a kitchenette) we had convenient parking in front of the door which is great for unloading all the bags. We opened the door and it had a peculiar musty/moldy smell. However, once the air conditioner was turned on, it seemed to dissipate but was noticeable each time we left the room for the day and re-entered. Carpet was newer and well vaccumed. Our room had a small refrigerator (did accommodate a gallon of milk, drinks, etc.) and did its job well. Full sized coffeemaker and microwave. Room had 2 double beds - if you are 5'10 or taller, your feet will hang over the end. Several times throughout the night the corners of the sheet & mattress pad/cover would come off and we would find ourselves with the bare mattress. Perhaps covers/sheet will all around elastics would be a better fit. Mattresses were okay comfortable, though one bed was more comfortable than the other by quite a bit. Bathroom is small but the shower was full sized with a tub. Bathroom register was rusty so a coat of paint would really improve the look. Overall, room was clean except for the funny smell. We did not hear the road noise as long as the air conditioner was running. Would be nice to have a smoking area AWAY from the building or no smoking all together as the air conditioners suck the smoke into the rooms when people smoking on balcony above or in the driveway. We would stay here again, though would not be first choice with bed size.

Room Tip: Room on front was okay for road noise if air conditioner is running. If you are 5'9/5'10&qu...
2  Thank Momof2inMaine
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This one gets 5 stars for sheer value for the dollar. We decided on the way to Katahdin to spend one night near Acadia National Park, so we could spend the day there and enjoy the 4th of July activities in Bar Harbor. Naturally, without a reservation, on July 3rd, most hotels were full, and the ones that weren't were WAY out of our price range, most were $200-300 a night, even the Quality Inn was $179. We are 2 adults, 2 17 year old boys and a golden retriever, and got a spacious, very clean room with 2 double beds, private bath, fully equipped kitchen and a dining table with seating for all of us, and floor room to spare, for $75. Our room appears to be at least 15 X 30! We LOVE the old school design - but with fresh clean appearance. The flooring looks new, the paint fresh, and the whole room looks recently remodeled. At check out they even gave us a free Park entrance, saving us another $20. Very nice pool, GREAT playground (for kids younger than ours,) and even complimentary dog waste bags on both ends of the yard, so that no one will have an excuse to not pick up after their pets. This is the best value of our trip so far, I just hope we get this lucky with the hotel we booked up at Katahdin!

1  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I'll start out this review saying I'm not a complainer, this was a decent place to stay. However after checking-in to our $90 Kitchenette my fiance and I did an inspection and found several strips of bacon that had been left in the microwave by a previous guest which was getting pretty rank. That night, my fiance got a bit cold and we saw a blanket overhead on a metal rack that was provided with the room. We were getting ready to use it but after unfolding it we found it had been used for a pet by a previous guest and was not washed, as it was full of dog hair. My only other issue was with the toilet, I came close to seriously hurting myself on it because I discovered one of the hinges on the toilet seat was broken, causing any shift of weight to send you off the toilet along with the seat. This was a cause for anxiety any time we had to use the bathroom. It was after these experiences in our brief 2-night stay that I lost confidence in the attention to detail of the staff of the hotel, which is disappointing because I thought the location was great for our jaunts into Bar Harbor.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room facing the airport towards the rear of the Motel as it is much quieter con...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Meridian2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Belle Isle Motel
#1 of 2 in Trenton
Acadia Gateway Motel
Acadia Gateway Motel
#3 of 3 in Trenton

Been to Acadia Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!