“Inexpensive doesn't have to mean cheap!”

Acadia Sunrise Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Trenton
Lewiston, Maine
“Inexpensive doesn't have to mean cheap!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We've stayed at this motel SEVERAL times. We used to hop around from mote from motel, trying to find an inexpensive one that was suitable. But we found that they were all uncomfortable, dirty, and most of all, smelly. Once we found Sunrise, our hopping was over. We found a courteous staff, comfortable rooms, and clean, fresh air. It's a quick 15 minute drive into the heart of Acadia. One night we stayed, the toilet overflowed, and they were right there within minutes taking care of everything. Our dog also accompanied us this time around, and she loved the spacious back yard. Do yourself a favor and stay here. Spending just a little on a clean motel means that you'll have more to spend in the park!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Angela G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Trenton, Maine
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My family and I stayed here for 2 weeks, the staff was great, the rooms were clean and comfortable if we needed anything the staff helped us in anyway possible. They have a pool, playground, and basketball hoops, which my kids loved. Its not far from stores or the parks, its in a great location. My family and I would stay there again and would recommend it to family and friends...we felt right at home!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank william r
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My Dad and I stay here for about a week every summer. The Motel has changed management in the last couple of years, and we've seen nothing but improvements. The place definitely needs updating, sure, but I never had a problem with room cleanliness or funny smells like I've had in other motels. The staff is friendly and always very helpful about local attractions and restaurants.
I hope the owners continue to update the place!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ellsworth
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Friendly clean and great staff with spaceish rooms my children were put first I was asked daily if we needed anything and greated with a smile I will return as soon as they open. If you want a wounderfull stay this is the place to go.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank meganyates
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My wife and I toured New England for the two weeks September 23rd to 7th October 2013 to view the fall foliage. We travelled from Boston up to Bar Harbor, across to the White Mountains, down through Vermont, the Adirondacks and onto the Berkshire Hills. We selected our accommodation and eating places from Trip Adviser Reviews. We have reviewed each of the hotels, motels and bed and breakfast places that we stayed in and also many of the places we ate and drank in along the way. If you would like to view our reviews for the rest of the places on this trip click on my screen name on the left.
We stayed at the Acadia Sunrise Motel at Trenton, just outside the Acadia National Park for two nights. The Motel is within easy reach of the Acadia National Park, which we toured for a day. The Motel is very reasonably priced. The manager Roy is very welcoming and helpful. We had a problem with the rental car and he allowed me to use the office phone to call Alamo as the phone in our room did not work.
Good points:- The Motel is quite cheap, is located near to the Acadia National Park, the manager was friendly and helpful and it appears that there had been some refurbishment to the bathroom. The room and sheets were clean and there was a fridge and microwave supplied. Free Coffee is available from the office.
Negative points:- We had room 23, which despite the numerous notices indicating that it was a Non Smoking Room, the carpets and soft furnishings in the room reeked of smoke and made my wife cough. Roy informed me that the carpets and bedding were old and had probably been there since before it became a non smoking room. The blanket on the bed had cigarette burns in it. Some of the furniture was in need of replacement. (See photos) Despite being near to the National Park the Motel itself is a good 10 minutes drive from any eating places.
Despite the good service, we have given the Acadia Sunrise Motel a low rating because of the problem with the smoke residue and the need to replace the furniture.
We would not stay at this motel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a Non-Smoking Room and check that it does not smell of smoke before unloading your suitcases...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TravellerCymruWales
Katherine B, Owner at Acadia Sunrise Motel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
We would just like to let this customer know that this spring all of the rooms in the building they were staying in, including Room #23, have had new carpets installed, along with additional rooms in our larger building. We have also removed all the old desks that are pictured in their photos and replaced a number of TV's with flat sceens. We have made a great many improvements to the property both in the rooms, like the addition of Keurig coffee makers in the rooms replacing the traditional coffee makers that were previously there, all new linens and beige towels, new queen beds in our upstairs kitchenettes and also outside with additional outside seating, enlarged lawn, perennial garden and a new sign. Not to mention the new roof on the queen building which probably means more to us then to our customers. We have had a busy season making improvements and will continue to do so now that the owner is back on the property full-time. We hope to see you again.
If anyone has any questions about this review or my comments please call the office at the Acadia Sunrise Motel and I will be happy to discuss any concerns.
Katherine
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

At the time of this review the Sunrise Motel had 4 out of 5 stars. How that is even possible given the horrendous experience we had is beyound me (unless the night manager put us in the worst room in the motel and all the others are excellent, which I doubt).

Let me cut to the chase: the room was filthy. The first thing I did was check the sheets having read other reviews claiming that the sheets were covered in hair. And sure enough, our sheets clearly hadn't been changed (even though the cleaner had made the bed - in other words they just hadn't bothered to replace the old sheets). When I promptly told the night clerk he was very apologetic and came to change the sheets right away. Are you still with me? Because that's the even the worst part. The real horror came when the clerk removed the old sheets to reveal stained brown pillows (I'm not joking - see the photos I uploaded) and a mattress circa 1970. Well no wonder the the pillows and mattress were disgusting, it's because nothing was lined - everything was single layered so no mattress protector, double sheet or pillow protectors. I was so grossed out we should've just left then and there but we didn't (maybe we're suckers for punishment? Or just really stupid?) so to remedy the sheets we put ones over the top that we'd brought ourselves.

To add insult to injury the carpet was stained and faded (again, see the photos), the bed cover and pillows smelt like sweat/grease, and the blanket and stains and holes in it.

By far the worst establishment I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Punchy_but_accurate
I am sorry to hear this customer had a bad experience. I cannot comment on the room he is referring to or the conditions as I didn't see the room or receive the complaint until seeing it on Trip Advisor.
I can say that we no longer have old carpets like the ones shown nor do we have any white bedding as shown in the photos. We do however have fitted mattress covers on all of our beds so I am not sure why his did not have one. We also have always used pillow protectors so I am not sure why his had none. We have gone through all our bedding and blankets to be sure that nothing has holes or stains and I'm sorry they came across one in poor condition.
We do our best to please all our guests and we hope to have another opportunity to show this guest that his experience was unusual.
If anyone has any questions about this review or my comments please call me at the Acadia Sunrise Motel and I will be happy to discuss this with you.
Katherine
canada
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We booked this motel 3 days prior to our arrival, priced right, pet friendly an added bonus as we like to travel with our 4 legged kid. Another couple were meeting us a day later. We arrived late Friday afternoon and were quickly checked into our room. The room was clean, large with a well equipped small kitchenette. There is also a BBQ at the back area for guests to use, which we did, we had a lovely BBQ for 4 on Sunday. The Airport was an added surprise as we all love to Plane watch, we enjoyed the Air Traffic during our down times. Toured the Bar Harbor area by day and relaxed at the Motel by night…we had a great weekend, thanks to the staff at Acadia Sunrise!!! We will return…...

Room Tip: Kitchen units on the Back of the Motel are great, views of the Mountains and the Airport.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank sunlovingcdn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Belle Isle Motel
Open Hearth Inn
Open Hearth Inn
#1 of 2 in Trenton
Eden Village Motel and Cottages

Been to Acadia Sunrise Motel? Share your experiences!