“big changes”

Narrows Too Camping Resort
levittown, pa
“big changes”
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We have been staying at this campground for 20 years and a lot has changed some good ,some not so good. It used to be a small, quiet campground, the water sites had no sewer and were smaller. The campground has been taken over by a corporation and turned into a "camping resort". The prices have really gone up, we paid $80.00 a night for a water site in the off season!!!!!! What did we get for this?, water, electric, sewer and a great view, period!! Wi-fi was extra, no free news papers, no pool (it was Sept.), no activities, 2 years ago they gave free fire wood, not any more, the bathrooms were clean but so is the one in my camper, I really can't see the justification for the very high price. They sites hve been changed in the rest of the campground as well, it now resembles a large parking lot!! I guess that must be what campers with big motor homes want because it was crowded. The views vary depending on how many campers are packed in.
I guess camping has changed people are looking for easy easy pull thru sites and campgrounds with the services of a resort hotel. Although Narrows Too has beautiful views, clean bathrooms, friendly staff (they are employees not owners!!), I feel that you don't get much for you money, they could have at least given me a voucher for free wi-fi we stayed for a week at a cost of almost $700.00!!!
As a side note, although it was not the falt of the campground, road work was being done every night and because of the way the campsites are located we got to be kept awake by the sounds of truck back up beepers and the banging and hammering of workers putting gaurd rails into Maine rocks!!!
It is a nice campground just be prepared to pay for it!!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank bigfish27

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Motorhome USA
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Beautiful, peaceful, clean. We stayed 11 days on a waterfront site. It couldn't have been better. It was quiet, private with trees on each side and pets allowed. The staff was very friendly and helpful - even told us where to go to see a Moose, well maybe... Now we were there in mid-September after the season so can't speak for season visitors.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank Nittanylion63
South Shore, MA
Reviewed 10 August 2008

We just got back from a 9 day stay at Narrows Too Campground. I could write a book on how gorgeous this place really is. From the time we checked in until the day we left..I have nothing but absolutely positive things to say about this place. We traveled in a travel trailer and had one of the more expensive sites on the water. We did book this site a year in advance. We were so happy we stayed on the water. We were literally steps down a hill to the ocean where we parked our canoe for the entire stay. The site is huge!! Plenty of space and no trouble backing our camper in at all. I also noticed HUGE rigs backing their bus size campers in with a lot of ease! We had site 314 and there were plent of trees between both sides of us to not even see our neighbors. Mostly the neighbors were never home anyways considering we are so close to Acadia Nat. Park. The staff upon check in were very nice..and had me checked in within 2 minutes! They give you a very huge welcome packet with even coupons in it. I cannot stress how clean this place is. The bathrooms were always stocked with papertowels and hand soap. There is even a hand soap container hung down lower for the kids to wash their hands! The bathrooms are spread out pretty evenly, too. The showers are huge!! Super clean, too. They have only one pool, but it's heated. We even went in it when it was only 60 degrees out..the water was nice and warm! We loved it. There weren't too many children around..which we loved considering we dont' have any kids and it was nice and quiet. I'm not too sure this is the place you would want to bring a family. There are no activities and there's really nothing for them to do. There was a playground but it really had only one thing at it. They also have cabins here if you do not have a camper and they were booked solid for the week and very nice. I liked how there were about 6 very cute cabins in a semi-circle and then right in the middle they had a huge cement block fire ring for everyone in the cabins to sit around. I think it's a great way to meet everyone at the campground!! They did have an ice-cream social on Wed. night..We didn't go because we forgot about it. On Thursday night "ELVIS" was there..I'm not sure how that was either..We didn't go to that either. Who wants to leave an ocean-view site with a nice roaring fire..Not me! They also have two laundry rooms that were very clean also! We had a problem with our sewer in our camper and maintenance came right down within minutes to help us! They went above and beyond at this campground. The only one bad thing I can think of is the wi-fi that's advertised..they don't let you know you have to pay for it! I paid 14.95 to have wifi for one week.. I would love to go back to this place..#1 campground on my list as of now..You will not regret it!! Also, we did go to a few restaurants in the area..two places not to go are the Maine Luau and Konas. They were both really bad. I actually returned my food at Konas it was so disugsting! One place to definately go to is in Ellsworth..it's called riverside cafe. IT IS THE BEST RESTAURANT..PERIOD!!! Especially for breakfast on Sunday...

• Liked — The view from the sites, the cleanliness and the staff!
  • Disliked — Paying for wifi
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank krazyrkamping
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trenton
Belle Isle Motel
#1 of 3 in Trenton
Open Hearth Inn
Open Hearth Inn
#1 of 2 in Trenton

Been to Narrows Too Camping Resort? Share your experiences!